We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fall foliage driving tour

Los Angeles...
7 posts
1 review
fall foliage driving tour

Need some help. West coaster looking for beautiful colors and quaint New England culture. I have 2 days/night stays (22 & 23) to go from Middlebury Vt, through the White Mountains and then experience the Kancamangus Highway dropping me in York,Maine on the 24rd for the night. I can't figure out where to park myself overnight for these 2 nights. Thanks for the help

6 replies to this topic
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,571 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: fall foliage driving tour

If your dates are Oct 22-23, the colors in the northern 3/4 of VT and NH will likely be long gone. There are plenty of fun things to do and nice places to see, but the foliage isn't generally around past mid Oct. If you want to see the last remnants of color, best to go way south to Brattleboro... or reset your expectations and enjoy the all-season charms of Stowe, Woodstock, Manchester or Burlington.

Quincy...
Level Contributor
131 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: fall foliage driving tour

Day 1, I'd lodge in the White Mountains. Day 2, I'd lodge overnight in York ME if you make it, if you don't pick a town with character in between.

Edited: 06 October 2015, 22:44
Los Angeles...
7 posts
1 review
3. Re: fall foliage driving tour

Thanks Phillip

Los Angeles...
7 posts
1 review
4. Re: fall foliage driving tour

If we stay in Bretton woods 10/22 and drive the white mountains and kancamagus highway

10/23 does it make sense to stay in Conway that night our drive on to Maine and stay in a cute coast town?

Quincy...
Level Contributor
131 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: fall foliage driving tour

It depends on when you leave, Conway it about 45 min- to an hour away from Conway.

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,080 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: fall foliage driving tour

There's no need to stay somewhere between Bretton Woods and the Maine coast. Continue on to the Maine Coast. Check out Kennebunkport for a cute ME coastal town.

Reply to: fall foliage driving tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Middlebury