We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine

Franklin, Tn
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine

Arriving 7/5 in Manchester NH, then on the road thru mentioned states. Know to do Hwy 100, and the vermont cheese trail. Want to return to Manchester via Maine coast-line. Any help, comments, suggestions, etc. are GREATLY appreciated. Last 2 days in Boston. Only restaurant I know is Legal Seafood. Will stay in Lawrence, MA those 2 day, going into Boston via train. Help is most appreciated!!!

6 replies to this topic
Burlington VT
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine

Head up I-89 to Burlington or Stowe or Woodstock VT for a few days. Then off to Old Orchard Beach, Maine.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,372 posts
58 reviews
2. Re: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine

How long is your trip? OOB is nice but certainly not the only option. Is Maine an overnight? do you think you are just driving along the maine coast after leaving vt on way to Lawrence? Could you fill in just a few blanks for us?

Go to Boston boards for restaurants. Before asking your question, please hit the search button and look at the reviews on yelp and ta. Boston has hundreds of restaurants, most of which are worth a visit but you will get the same 5 recommendations every time.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine

Ogunquit and Kennebunkport in Maine are 2 of the top destinations in the southern part of the state.

Franklin, Tn
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine

Tks for reply...we are "on the road" for 8days, so will ck out your suggestions!

Franklin, Tn
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine

Tks for reply...we are "on the road" for 8days, so will ck out your suggestions!

Don't know OOB, so appreciate more info. Fly into Manchester, head west then north, via 100 (Vt.), Then east along Canada border to Maine, then down coast to Lawrence, MA for 2 days before flying home again. Tks for tip re restaurants in Boston.....I remember Legal Seafood (downtown) from YEARS ago!!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,372 posts
58 reviews
6. Re: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine

Have you looked at a map? following vt/nh border to ME crosses a lot of nothing (wilderness) on the way to the coast. Just want to make sure that is your intent . If you get as far north as Bar Harbor, it is a 6 hour trip back to Boston by highway. Because the coast is so rugged, it will take significantly longer if you drive along the coast line. There are no high speed E/W roads in Northern NE.

Unless you love being in the car, may want to rethink or maybe we just aren't understanding.

Reply to: New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Middlebury