We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

?Shopping In Middlebury?

salsa savant
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
14 reviews
?Shopping In Middlebury?

Hi, We will be on a bus trip later this week to Middlebury and am wondering if there is any shopping in this area? I understand that there is a teddy bear shoppe and a chocolate factory but am curious if there are any outlet type stores or clothing stores? As we are on a tour we are limited to where we can go unless we get a cab but I am just curious. many Thanks

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
38 reviews
1. Re: ?Shopping In Middlebury?

The teddy bear factory is in Shelburne and the chocolate factory in Burlington....not Middlebury.

Middlebury has a nice small downtown with a couple clothing stores, a bookstore, and some gift shops.

Take a stroll through the Middlebury College campus...it's beautiful!

salsa savant
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: ?Shopping In Middlebury?

Thanks very much. Do you know if there are any stores close to the Teddy Bear store in Burlington? (not that I have anything against teddy bears but I'm not a gift shop type of person). Will ck out the college, thanks for the tip.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,513 posts
38 reviews
3. Re: ?Shopping In Middlebury?

The Teddy Bear Factory in in Shelburne, not Burlington. No, there are not any shops walking distance away.

salsa savant
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: ?Shopping In Middlebury?

Thanks-I looked both shops up on the internet. Thanks for your help. I hope that we have a little time at the nice shopping district in Burlington. If I remember correctly there was a nice spot near the downtown. fingers crossed... Thanks for your help

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: ?Shopping In Middlebury?

The outdoor pedestrian mall in Burlington is the Church St. Marketplace. There also is an enclosed Mall fronting on Church St., called the Burlington Town Center, with a Macy's at the other end of the mall. Besides Church St. the cross streets , of College, Cherry, and Main, have some more shops off of Church St. as well. Local favorites, Homeport, Bennington Potters, Kiss the Cook, Expressions, Marilyn's, April Cornell(national, but based out of Burlington), Frog Hollow Craft Center, The Shoe Shop, Danform Shoes and Apple Mountain,

salsa savant
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: ?Shopping In Middlebury?

Thanks for your reply. We are here now. It is dark but we took a quick walk around the surrounding area. It is so nice. I can't wait to see it in the daylight. I found out we will be going to the Macy's mall in burlington and I have never been to a macy's before so you can imagine the excitement. Thanks for your reply.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
7. Re: ?Shopping In Middlebury?

Hope you enjoy your visit and shopping!

8. Re: ?Shopping In Middlebury?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2010, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Middlebury