We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonably priced Condo in Killington for X-Mas/NewYears???

CT
1 post
Save Topic
Reasonably priced Condo in Killington for X-Mas/NewYears???

I would love to book a trip to Killington for the week between Christmas & New Years. Trouble is all my inquiries are coming up with quotes between $2000-15,000. I was hoping to keep a condo rental below $2000. Looking for a 2-3 bedroom for 5 nights (4 adults, 2 kids). Would prefer a condo with a common indoor pool area for the kids (but will forgo that if need be). Anyone have insights on which condo complex I should be looking into? Or am I asking the impossible?

Mentioned in this post
Birch Ridge Inn
Birch Ridge Inn
#1 of 14 hotels in Killington
Killington Motel
Killington Motel
#2 of 14 hotels in Killington
Killington Grand Resort Hotel
Killington Grand Resort Hotel
#3 of 14 hotels in Killington
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,309 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonably priced Condo in Killington for X-Mas/NewYears???

You have a vivid imagination to think such a place could exist at just about any ski resort during Xmas week. If you find a place costing less than $2000- question why?

I will tell you an area that will come close. There is a complex called Christmas Mountain in Glen, NH. Many owners rent on VRBO (I do not own there but have stayed many times). There are 2b/2b condos which cost less and 2b/2/b with huge loft which cost more.

Not sure of the pool situation. There is one but not always open.

You are 10 minutes to Attitash and Cranmore which are the most kid friendly as well as Wildcat which is more expert.

I won't say it is the same as Killington but North Conway is a great place to spend that week. (You can check out some of my pictures from Last Xmas)- just a thought

Mentioned in this post
North Conway
North Conway
Conway, NH
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonably priced Condo in Killington for X-Mas/NewYears???

Have you looked in Rutland for a rental? I don't know for sure, but I would think being a short distance away from Killington would result in some less expensive options.

Mentioned in this post
Rutland
Rutland
Vermont
Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonably priced Condo in Killington for X-Mas/NewYears???

Where exactly have you looked so far? Have you contacted Killington's rental program? Have you checked VRBO? What have you seen there? This information is necessary to give you advice on where to look next.

4. Re: Reasonably priced Condo in Killington for X-Mas/NewYears???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2010, 14:19