We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to go to Killington?

New Jersey
9 posts
Save Topic
Best time to go to Killington?

My boyfriend, myself and 4 others (aged 22-25) are starting to plan a long weekend in Killington this winter. We will be driving up from Southern New Jersey. When is the best time for skiing? We were considering mid January-early February, are conditions good at this time?

Any recommendations as to where to stay? Where to rent? Lift tickets?

Thank you!

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Killington
Level Contributor
2,112 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to go to Killington?

Each year has its quirks, so no guarantees.

January and February are decent times, though January can be very cold. (Or, ironically, there can be a thaw in mid-Jan.) I think mid-Feb to early March is great, if you can go then. There's usually more snow then, and not quite as cold.

But again, each year is different. If January is the best time for you, you should be OK with that.

worcester ma
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to go to Killington?

i would check out highridge its less then 2 miles from main lift and the bus will pick you up plus they have atleast 1 fireplace in every unit with private entrances and a HUGE SPORTS center go to killington.com and sign up to there email service so they send u special offers and u will get a thing called RSVIP ....aka return skiers are very important and if u do a sunday -thurs night stay u will get a additional 10% off the week rate and i would book everything threw killington for the best deals and then u know your getting the offical thing and if u have any cancelations or need to switch ur date they will work with ya

worcester ma
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to go to Killington?

rsvip will also be sent between oct and dec 1st the latest i got mine like around nov sometime

Woodstock, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Woodstock
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to go to Killington?

Laurmurr,

Agree with the end Feb early March suggestion if you are flexible as the weather should be milder, given that it can be wonderful skiing in January but VERY cold. Enjoy.

worcester ma
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to go to Killington?

Wow u lucked out it was like pulling teeth 2 get people to answer almost the same question u asked.....I went mar 1-7th of 2009. And I had a great time it got super windy @ the summit me personally I am planning on same time just leave on the 7th and return home on the 14th god bless and good luck

6. Re: Best time to go to Killington?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2010, 16:16