We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Camping area with a tent .

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Looking for Camping area with a tent .

Hi everyone, I am looking for a great place with good reputation to set a tent for 2 days this August. Is there any good place to select , like national park or something (with a water source nearby, walking trail with astonishing view) ,that are close to Burlington (max: within 45 min drive). I would really appreciate any good suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

John

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
635 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: Looking for Camping area with a tent .

'm not a camper so my knowledge is limited, but In Burlington you can camp at North Beach with access to the Burlington bike path.

findandgoseek.net/listing/…bike-paths

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
93 reviews
2. Re: Looking for Camping area with a tent .

Plenty of options. North Beach is one that's closest to Burlington (~1 mile away from downtown) - nice sparsely wooded settling, with access to Lake Champlain for swimming, sunsets, etc... It's right on the rec path for walking or biking, which has some excellent views of the lake.

At the far end of your 45 min drive is Underhill State Park, at the foot of Mt. Mansfield. More densely wooded, with direct access to many hiking trails on the mtn. Some of the best views in the state after a fairly strenuous 45 min hike up the mtn.

Little River State Park is another nice option ~45 min away. Nice swimming & small boat access on the Waterbury reservoir.

3. Re: Looking for Camping area with a tent .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2016, 14:16