We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

brewery stops in Vermont

Connecticut
6 posts
Save Topic
brewery stops in Vermont

We are traveling to Burlington, VT from Connecticut in July 2015 for the Beer Fest on Lake Champlain. Wanted to start a day ahead of time to explore other breweries on the way to Burlington. Need suggestions and where to stay overnight.

Mentioned in this post
Connecticut
Connecticut
United States
Lake Champlain
Lake Champlain
82 Reviews
Vermont
conn
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: brewery stops in Vermont

What type of lodging do you prefer, cost?

Connecticut
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: brewery stops in Vermont

just a reasonable hotel, but also wanted to know what breweries are good stops on the way to Burlington.

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,457 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: brewery stops in Vermont

I would suggest checking out the Vermont Brewers Assoc website and narrow down which breweries you'd like to visit. For such a small state we have a lot of them!!

http://www.vermontbrewers.com/

Waterbury would be a good spot but its pretty close to Burlington. From Waterbury you can hit Rock Art, Lost Nation and Hill (about an hour from there). Also lots of great beer bars in Waterbury where you can get Alchemist, Lawsons etc.

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Waterbury
Waterbury
Vermont
Boston...
Level Contributor
6,606 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: brewery stops in Vermont

I think Magic Hat is on the way.

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: brewery stops in Vermont

Fiddlehead in Shelburne VT on Route 7 is an absolute must in my opinion. Pair a growler of IPA with a flatbread pizza at Folino's which shares the same building, and you will be in heaven.

Tickets for the Brewer's Fest sold out within minutes online last year, so keep that in mind and keep an eye on the date when they go on sale. On the other hand you really do need to book a hotel ASAP because a weekend in mid-July is prime time and most area hotels will sell out well in advance. To really enjoy the Brewer's Fest you want one of the downtown hotels but I would not be surprised if they are already full for that weekend.

Mentioned in this post
Shelburne
Shelburne
Vermont
6. Re: brewery stops in Vermont

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2016, 14:15