We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is going on the weekend of June 27th?

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,054 posts
212 reviews
Save Topic
What is going on the weekend of June 27th?

Hello - Is there a festival or other event going on in the Burlington area the weekend of 6/27/15? I am trying to book a one night stopover on the way to Montreal as we've done before but all the hotels are expensive for that weekend, even the Motel 6. Any insights? Thank you.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is going on the weekend of June 27th?

Don't know! I checked what i could think of (concerts, festivals, fishing tournaments etc) but nothing is coming up for those dates. Maybe a couple big weddings in town? I think Burlington is just getting expensive...its a pretty popular summer destination. Motel 6 is coming up as $109 on my search. Were you seeing higher?

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is going on the weekend of June 27th?

Well that's the start of the summer tourist season. Schools are on vacation, it's the weekend before July 4th. Every weekend from then until really through foliage in October is high season with many of the hotels selling out in advance especially on weekends.

Not sure if you'd consider a hostel but the last couple of summers this one has been operating and it's right downtown. http://www.theburlingtonhostel.com/ Otherwise, yea, you'll be paying high season rates, and probably have trouble finding a room if you wait too long to book.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
7,054 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is going on the weekend of June 27th?

Thx for the info! Up until about 4-5 years ago we would stay at the Motel 6 on our way up to the Jazz Festival over the 4th of July every year and it was not more than $75 for the night. Now it is showing for me as $115, which seemed high for a Motel 6. But, I guess it is summer market demand! Checked out the link to the hostel; it looks great but would be $120 for our family of 3. Probably we'll just leave home early and drive nonstop with a lunch break. Thanks for the help!

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
582 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is going on the weekend of June 27th?

That hostel looks nice, if one likes hostels. Which I don't :) . But it's good to know about in case someone ever wants a recommendation for one.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
582 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is going on the weekend of June 27th?

And Adam, it just caught my eye that if you reply to me (or someone else), it will be your 1,000th post!

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is going on the weekend of June 27th?

Ha! Didn't even see that until you pointed it out.... and now I'm at 1001.... right... about.... NOW

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,432 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is going on the weekend of June 27th?

Plenty of hotels to check into.... the Anchorage is one that's been on my radar for years in nearby S. Burlington. Also Holiday Inn, Sheraton, Doubletree, Ho Hum, etc... etc.. All are a couple of miles from downtown. That's a great time to visit, so hopefully you can find something that suits.

8. Re: What is going on the weekend of June 27th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2016, 15:17