We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luxury in snowbird or alta?

kpf
usa
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
luxury in snowbird or alta?

Planning a 4 night trip with my husband for beg. of Feb. and would love to find the nices place to stay at Snowbird or Alta. Any feedback? Mixed reviews on Rustler lodge and Cliff lodge. Am going to Park City in March so I want to stay on the SLC side this year. What about Brighton? Thanks. PS How is the snow?

Orem, Utah
Level Contributor
506 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luxury in snowbird or alta?

The two that you named for Alta/Snowbird are the really the only luxury hotels/lodges in Little Cottonwood. Over at Brighton all they have is a little motel. Solitude in the same canyon has nicer hotels but other than that I'd try private rental.

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: luxury in snowbird or alta?

If you want "good enough for movie stars & David Beckham" luxury, you need to stay at Deer Valley at the Stein Ericksen or downtown at the Grand America.

I stayed in the Cliff Lodge over Labor Day weekend and it's not like it's a dump but it's not a 5-star place.

I think that there really isn't a market for 5-star places up in the Cottonwood Canyons. People just want a place to sleep and maybe a hot tub for their quads. Then they want to get out of their room as soon as possible and up on the lift or in the tram.

I went to Brighton on New Year's Eve. The snow was great and we are getting more today; and more is expected tomorrow and next week. Brighton didn't have their halfpipe ready yet as of then.

kpf
usa
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: luxury in snowbird or alta?

Guess I am not looking for movie star luxury but it is a rare trip for my husband and I and I love a fireplace in our room and nice bedding.

West Jordan, Utah
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: luxury in snowbird or alta?

Our room at the Cliff Lodge did not have a fireplace.

But I have to imagine that pretty much all of the condos up both canyons do.

Maybe you could check vrbo or something like that?

5. Re: luxury in snowbird or alta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 18:17