We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do on New Years Eve in for Families

Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What to do on New Years Eve in for Families

Hi,

We are a large group of 6 families with children ranging from 1 to 12 and have booked the HD Parque Cristobal for the New Year period. I wondered if anyone could recommend any New Year's Eve gala parties?

Thanks

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do on New Years Eve in for Families

Hey we have been going for new year for 6 years with kids ranging from baby to 8.... The gala dinners are really expensive plus not that child friendly. We have found going for a meal out and about then finding a bar/restaurant near the front in time for midnight lets you watch all the fireworks from all the hotels.... The restaurants have entertainment on that's really good also.

Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do on New Years Eve in for Families

Thanks for replying, you're right we will probably just head to the front, we've been to tenerife a number of times but not for new year so really looking forward to it. I take it it usually cools right down at night at that time of year?

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,678 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do on New Years Eve in for Families

Hi YTC ......i cant think of anywhere that does Gala Dinners on NYE other than hotels for there guests .

Weather ...Well i know Hazels response up to her going home just after Xmas was the evenings where nice.However the evening before NYE did really cool down and it remain that way till at least mid Jan .For myself ,family ad friends it was a wrap up warm on an evening ,especially those nights where we went to venues that only have outside seating .So with children and ladies in mind more so the need for fleeces or some such item of clothing .But ,should you need more ...at least the sales are on !!

The best area IMO to sit a watch the fireworks is the San telmo area above Playa Las Vistas ,from the bars and restaurants there you get great views over the displays at Los Cris (port) ,Mare Nostrum resorts and Veronicas .

Now....if your there still for the 5th of Jan ,Thats the eve of "The Three Kings" now you can head either to Los Cris OR Puerto Colon to watch the parades .We did last Los Cris last year .It had marching bands ,fancy dress "Disney Themed" with open carriages,tractor trailers etc where the characters on the back threw sweets out into the street lined audience ...Then the last to come up are The 3 Kings on camels they to throw out gifts ,just watch out for the black guy ...deadly shot ! Nearly took my head off !!LOL.This is when Canarians exchange there Christmas gifts ,the 6th there are lots of locals in all the restaurants so these 2 days really are busy .I think the kids may love this ,but not the best night to wear best clothes as they scrabble for the sweets .....

Going back on the weather ...my son in law has lived in Tenerife for over 10 years ,and its the first year he can remember ever needing a coat ! My daughter has been there 8 years and she said it was the coldest time she could ever remember ....but least the sales where on ,so BANK OF DAD wasnt to badly hit LOL

Now if your in Tenerife prior to NYE check out venues ,some charge admission ,some inflate prices and some think its fine to remain just as they do all year round

Birmingham
Level Contributor
219 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do on New Years Eve in for Families

We always go as a big crowd for New Year's Eve and we tend to go for lunch rather than dinner and then hit the bars for drinks only 🎉

5. Re: What to do on New Years Eve in for Families

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 15:21
Get answers to your questions about Playa de las Americas
More Playa de las Americas Topics