We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions!

Which Playa del Ingles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions!

Hi

My boyfriend and I (both early 20's) would like a holiday in the next 2-3 weeks and not sure where to go.

Is playa de ingles busy and have plenty of bars restaurants?

Also what is the weather like?

Many Thanks

Danielle.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,265 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions!

Yes it will be reasonably busy with most holidaymakers from Scandinavian countries at this time of the year escaping their harsh Winter for a while. No shortage of bars, clubs, and restaurants. Most younger nightlife centres around the "Kasbah" commercial centre. P.D.I. is the second biggest purpose built holiday resort and is well spread out. As for weather, expect it to be in the mid 20's and rising as the months progress through to high Summer. Cloud and an odd shower can never be ruled out and if you tend to feel the cold then a cardigan or light jacket may be needed outside at night, I've never needed one though.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions!

Don't be put off by the comment that most holidaymakers are Scandinavian. It isn't true. Whilst there are many from Scandinavia most holidaymakers will be from Germany and England.

The Kasbah is quite popular with younger people but the Yumbo has more places and although some are totally gay a lot are mixed gay/straight and you see many straight couple streaming in from midnight onwards.

And to clarify the 'second biggest' resort, that is in Spain (after Benidorm) but it never really feels like it, as it is spread out, not so high and has been designed to have a number of centres to give it a collection of villages feel. Whether it pulls that off depends on your point of view.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria
Level Contributor
6,265 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions!

Why would anyone be "put off" by Scandinavian holidaymakers, I'm well puzzled by that comment ?????????

cheshire uk
Level Contributor
183 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions!

it aint a crazy bar resort but its ok

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions!

I love the resort loads of shops and bars we like goin in to the Yumbo and walking down to the beach we were there in the begging of Feb

Edited: 19 March 2012, 03:08
cardiff
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few questions!

Hi Dannielle,

as other posters have said the kasbah and yumbo centre have the most bars, when we last went to playa del ingles (last july) we went to a bar called big bens which is quite hidden away. Ive you go to the yumbo centre i would recommend a bar there called buddies and theres a lovely chinese restraunt called thailandia.

7. Re: A few questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 21:42
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles