We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats this resort like now?

Which Playa del Ingles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
west cork
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
whats this resort like now?

was here few years ago on girls holiday hada great time now im thinking if going there with my boyfriend this year whats it like now?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats this resort like now?

bit of a hole now to be honest

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whats this resort like now?

It has changed in recent years,

We were there in February and it was dead. The Euro has not helped along with inflated prices.

However, GC is still as charming as ever and I love going back. Just not so frequent.

I prefer to head over to Maspalomas / Meloneras.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats this resort like now?

I'd give it a miss.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,603 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats this resort like now?

It depends. Parts of it are very nice and parts I avoid., mainly around the Kasbah and the Irish centre but even here there some excellent small apartment blocks overlooking the sea and some very good restaurants in amongst the tat (and drugs and prostitutes). Go a bit further inland to the Gran Canaria Princess and Eugenia Victoria and then down the Avda Tirajana to the Riu and it is good stuff. The beach is excellent and you have a choice of getting away from people or being near a beach bar (unlike say Puerto Rico or Mogan). The walk to Maspalomas is popular and deservedly so. The Yumbo Centre has a reputation for being gay but there are several family attractions there with good entertainment and the younger visitors seem to mix in a number of clubs regardless of sexuality.

All along the beach walk from the Riu round there are quiet blocks and even small villa complexes which suit a variety of tastes but even the most outrageous is sufficiently discrete that most are unaware of it.

It is a lively resort with a good mix of atmospheres.

5. Re: whats this resort like now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2012, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Playa del Ingles