We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using chip and pin in salou

Selsey, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Using chip and pin in salou

Hi, we're going to Salou in 3weeks. We are intending to go to Port Adventura, as well as Salou area in general. Is it easy to pay for most things using a card, or is cash preferred? I'd prefer card as much as possible, and will be taking some cash to start off.

Mentioned in this post
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
4 replies to this topic
England, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using chip and pin in salou

if you use your card you might incurr conversion charge from you bank .... we always take euros in cash and have a pre paid currency card loaded find its easier.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using chip and pin in salou

At Port Aventura using a card (chip and pin) is commonly accepted.

However the hotel group we stay with (Best Hotels) only accept cash at the bar, don’t know how widespread this is

Selsey, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Using chip and pin in salou

Thank you, I put an alert for replies, but it didn't work! we are using my nationwide credit card, which doesn't incur charges for paying by card, but to take cash out there is a small charge - the more I can pay by card, the better it will be! We also have a halifax clarity as back up.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,331 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using chip and pin in salou

There is a ‘trick’ to make a clarity card fee free for cash. I’ve not tried it before but you pay money into the card before you go then as they only I believe charge interest and you are not borrowing there is none! If trying please just check I’ve still got this right as it being this card, but I think it is from memory. A credit card company doesn’t like it, but cannot stop it, as they are not a deposit taking organisation and hence shouldn’t have credit balances!

Reply to: Using chip and pin in salou
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted