We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lads weekend?

Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lads weekend?

Hi everyone. Me and three of my pals are planning a boozy weekend away in June and I was just wondering is Salou a suitable resort for this? We’re all in our fourties, not into clubbing, just after plenty of bars and pubs. We were going to go to Benidorm but many hotels have no group policies. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
9 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lads weekend?

No not suitable for lads chasing women holiday! Here now with my family, ideal for families with kids. Change to Benidorm I say!

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
swindon
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lads weekend?

Youre liking it then rugbylad

Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lads weekend?

Swindon hamster love it,the promenade is super and weather is lovely right now, not hot hot just nice. Time for ice cream for little one now on promenade and San Miguel for me

swindon
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lads weekend?

I loved it rhere . Back in sept

Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lads weekend?

Promenade Is stunning. I had fear of Benidorm type place with groups lads boozing and chasing women.havent seen any of that thank god just lots young families and older families and couples too

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Essex
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lads weekend?

Salou is more of a family Resort, mixed ages and even single travellers go, its no where near tackey like what Benidorm is, its not club 18 to 30 type resort either, I have been several times to Salou and am going again next month

Mentioned in this post
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
4,017 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lads weekend?

Lots of pubs and bars. Plenty of single people there.

Tyrone
Level Contributor
159 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lads weekend?

Don't let anyone put you off going to Salou. I've been going for years and it caters well for all age groups. There's plenty of bars and clubs that go onto the early hours. Yes it's well suited to families but it's by no means a family only resort. The nightlife is great.

Mentioned in this post
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lads weekend?

Sounds good. Going to book it tomorrow. In all honesty it sounds ideal as the thought of a manic weekend in Benidorm doesn’t really appeal to me.

Mentioned in this post
Benidorm
Benidorm
Costa Blanca, Spain
Reply to: Lads weekend?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted