We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do other than Portaventura

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Things to do other than Portaventura

Hi there. My family of 4 are coming to Salou in August for the first time and staying in the H10 Salauris. We are all very excited! We like to have days out other than just laying by the pool every day. We all love the theme parks but want to do other things too. Does anyone have suggestions for non-driving days out that you’ve done and loved?? Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

7 replies to this topic
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
12,642 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Things to do other than Portaventura

I have been to Salou several times and have never been or wanted to go to Portaventura ------- not my thing , Never been to Alton Towers or Blackpool Pleasure beach either !

However I always find plenty of places to visit whilst there.

A bus trip to Tarragona or to Reus are both very pleasant.

Cambrils is a nice upmarket place with a lovely marina .

You will find plenty in and around Salou.

Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,661 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Things to do other than Portaventura

Wiggie when you say without driving do you mean just within walking distance?

Personally I’m happy using the local buses and Graham has said Tarragonna I know to be a really good day out, or less depending on if you want to walk around the sites there. I am going to Reus this year and understand it’s anither good day out. As for Cambrils sometimes take bus there and walk around in morning and go sit on the beach for a bit after lunch.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
14,079 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Things to do other than Portaventura

What dates?

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: Things to do other than Portaventura

Thanks so much. Tarragona has been mentioned before so may well give it a try.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Things to do other than Portaventura

Thanks again! We like to get out and about and happy to walk, bus or train it.

Tarragona seems like a good bet and Cambrils too.

Does anyone know anything about boat trips and tips??

Witham, United...
Level Contributor
228 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Things to do other than Portaventura

Hi wiggie 104 myself my wife and girls now older (20&14) have done the nou camp,Barcelona zoo ( twice), Andorra. And can recommend all of them especially Barcelona zoo was a smashing day out and loads of tree cover so doesn't feel as hot. And you get free time at Barcelona as well wonderful city. Would also add tarragon a ,cambrils,cap Salou and la Pineda are also fun if you want to get the bus there. Just some idea's and Andorra is a long day but you get to see the countryside and not as hot as Salou.

Liam & caroline

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
7. Re: Things to do other than Portaventura

Hi Liam and Caroline. Thank you so much for your thoughts, that’s really helpful. The Zoo sounds like a great idea. My son is a footballer so Nou Camp was already on my radar but the Zoo would be a good addition to the plans. Thanks again, Marcus

Reply to: Things to do other than Portaventura
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Salou
Recent Conversations