We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair priority boarding

Level Contributor
1,182 posts
5 reviews
Ryanair priority boarding

I always travel aerlingus but this time ryanair to reus. I believe we have to walk to the plane instead of directly from covered gate. I assume priority and kids board first or is there a free for all?

5 replies to this topic
Hampton, UK
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Ryanair priority boarding

Surely priority must mean just that? As for kids I’d be astonished if they were given priority treatment, they don’t even guarantee kids sit next to their parents, but behind or infront! Also they do not have time to really give priority other than to priority clients as on ground for such a short time.

Yes generally Ryanair operates walk to plane as it’s quicker, well they think so at least.

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Ryanair priority boarding

Sometimes there is a covered gate, sometimes not - depends upon your departure airport and gate. Its a lottery. At Reus you always have to walk to the plane.

Kids do not go first unless you book them in and pay extra for priority. Priority gets you to the front of the Q and allows you 2 pieces of luggage on the plane. If you don't book priority then your hand luggage will be placed in the hold and come off on the carousel at the other end.

Level Contributor
1,182 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Ryanair priority boarding

Thanks Martin yes we are priority

Winsford, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Ryanair priority boarding

You will walk to your plane at Reus buts not very far. There are two queues, one priority and one not and they will start boarding priority customers first. However you will just wait outside for a while before boarding. It does become a bit of wait. Also due to Ryanair’s recent baggage policy change more people are using priority. Our flight back to Liverpool was full in April and most were priority. It could be worthwhile just taking your time rather than queuing as soon as they mention the gate number. People were queuing about half an hour before out plane landed lol

Aston
Destination Expert
for Salou, Costa Dorada
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Ryanair priority boarding

The walk can be long at busy times. There are 8 aircraft stands at Reus. When its not busy you are usally in 1 or 2 so the walk is short. When busy an aircraft in at No 8 can involve a long walk.

I noticed that as well. Most people are now using priority. How long before a super priority is announced by O'Leary?

Reply to: Ryanair priority boarding
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted