We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info about Linea Dorado express bus Flores to Belize City

Springfield...
Level Contributor
325 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Info about Linea Dorado express bus Flores to Belize City

For our trip in April, I'm looking for some specifics about the bus that leaves around 7 am(?) from Flores/Santa Elena.

1. Where does one purchase tickets and how far in advance? Is the bus often full or can we buy them the day before--we are a group of 4?

2. Where exactly do we catch the bus and how much in advance should we be there to be sure we don't miss it.

3. Does the bus have a dedicated luggage area or do we have to stash our bags in the back of the bus and guard them?

4. Where does the bus arrive in Belize City--i.e. is it close to one or both of the water taxi docks?

5. Looks like it waits for the bus from Guatemala City--is it often really late?

6. It looks like there is also a Fuente del Norte 5 am bus, too. Any others? Which is the best in terms of reliability/comfort?

7. At the border, what happens?

Thanks so much for any guidance you can offer. This info is probably out there, just want to make sure I have the current specifics so we can make a smooth transfer. I'm finding a lot of information for this region on the internet is not current.

14 replies to this topic
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Info about Linea Dorado express bus Flores to Belize City

4.5-5 hours - typo error in Post 1, explained in Posts 5 and 7. :-) Happy trails!

Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Info about Linea Dorado express bus Flores to Belize City

@hopefulist

Does the bus make any stops on the way? How much time is it for each stop?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Info about Linea Dorado express bus Flores to Belize City

It just stops at the border, took about half an hour which gave time to cross and to use the bathroom.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
5,496 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Info about Linea Dorado express bus Flores to Belize City

"6. It looks like there is also a Fuente del Norte 5 am bus, too. Any others? Which is the best in terms of reliability/comfort?"

In addition to LD and FdN, there are other buses.

a) San Juan Bus to Belize City and Chetumal departs daily at 7:00 am. US$25.

b) Marlin Espadas Ltd.

A bus departs from Flores daily at 7:30 am and makes stops at San Ignacio and Belmopan before continuing to Belize City. I've been told that the bus has a/c and wifi.

The Flores Peten office is at:

“Playa Sur, Flores, Peten, Guatemala

Contact them directly for clarification…

For reservations: +501-615 9009 / 627 9990

marlinespadasltdbelize@gmail.com

http://marlinespadas.com/

https:/…

The Fuente del Norte schedule is on the Mundo Maya website...

Mundo Maya Travels: http://www.travelmundomaya.com/

I've seen all the buses and FdN looks the best for comfort. The San Juan & Espadas buses are smaller minibuses. Espadas is the only one that makes stops at other locations in Belize (handy if only going as far as San Ignacio).

Reply to: Info about Linea Dorado express bus Flores to Belize City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted