We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking on Seawall?

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
589 posts
123 reviews
Parking on Seawall?

I am planning having lunch at The Spot and maybe finding a place I can park at for the day, then walk to Pleasure Pier. We will be catching the pink train at Pleasure Pier and then spending some time at the pier. Any places near The Spot or Pleasure Pier that I can park for the day. Doesn't matter if there free or not, but I would prefer not have to move the car around from one place to the other.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,425 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Parking on Seawall?

The parking along the seawall is metered parking; don't think there is a limit of how long you can stay there.

Parking in business lots are for patrons only, not all day.

Santa Fe
Level Contributor
589 posts
123 reviews
2. Re: Parking on Seawall?

So, there is not a place near The Spot or Pleasure Pier where we van park and pay a fee for the day? I don't want to have to worry about adding money to the meter every so often.

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,425 posts
149 reviews
3. Re: Parking on Seawall?

Yes, you can park there along the seawall....metered parking.

Here is a link I found: cityofgalveston.org/473/Seawall-Paid-Parking

Texas
Level Contributor
600 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Parking on Seawall?

The Spot has it's own little parking lot on the side and in back ....you could leave your car there...they are not metered.

There is also a big public parking lot across from the pier. Pay for the hours you are there, which could be several, in which case you'd pay the maximum, but I don't remember what that amount is.

Edited: 07 May 2016, 10:56
Santa Fe
Level Contributor
589 posts
123 reviews
5. Re: Parking on Seawall?

Are you allowed to leave the car at The Spot parking lot after you've eaten? Is there a time limit?

I am thinking it might be a good idea to pay the $8 meter parking on Seawall and park somewhere in between Pleasure Pier and The Spot.

Edited: 08 May 2016, 05:11
Texas
Level Contributor
600 posts
71 reviews
6. Re: Parking on Seawall?

Technically not, however I have eaten at the Spot, then last minute decided to walk to a few close places on seawall and just left my car, but it wasn't all day...if you know your plan is to park for several hours then probably best to park elsewhere. I'm simply saying it's not monitored and honestly if it's slow season it wouldnt matter.

Download the parking app and handle the seawall parking all from your phone, makes it easy to pay (enter your cc) and extend time all from your phone whether you are with your car or not.

Edited: 09 May 2016, 00:56
Texas
Level Contributor
600 posts
71 reviews
7. Re: Parking on Seawall?

Look for PayByPhone Parking in the App Store.

8. Re: Parking on Seawall?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2017, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Galveston
Recent Conversations