We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing to Hobby Airport

New York
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Timing to Hobby Airport

The cruise ships arrive in Galveston Port at 8 am on Sunday Morning. Is it too aggressive to try to make an 11:20 am flight out of Hobby using a shuttle service? If so what is the more appropriate time to try to get a flight from Hobby?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,304 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timing to Hobby Airport

I would think that is too early. You are giving yourself an 1.5 hours from the time the ship arrives (if on schedule) to the time you actually need to depart for the airport. I have heard shuttles wait until they are full sometimes until they depart. If you are going to risk that time, I would have a taxi waiting for you.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
221 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timing to Hobby Airport

I agree with KNR. I think an early afternoon flight might be better just in case there are delays getting off the ship, fog, traffic on 45, etc.

Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,283 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timing to Hobby Airport

Additionally, the cruise ship may or may not schedule your de-boarding (for lack of a better term) as one of the first groups off the ship. While the actual trip shouldn't take more than about 45-50 minutes from the port to Hobby on a Sunday morning (by taxi or limo), it could easily take you 2-3 hours to get off the ship and claim your luggage, plus the time it takes you to check in at the airport. I personally wouldn't book any return flight before noon, and even later if you're using a shuttle. Then, try to arrange with the cruise line for an early departure/deboarding in order to make your flight (this should be done as soon as possible after you board the ship.)

Bon voyage!

4. Re: Timing to Hobby Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2017, 15:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now