We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the water cold in April?

Issaquah, Washington
1 post
Is the water cold in April?

Hi,

We are planning a trip here in mid april. Would the water be cold at this time?

thanks !

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,808 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Is the water cold in April?

https://www.wunderground.com/MAR/GM/335.html

knr
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
4,440 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: Is the water cold in April?

April still has pretty chilly water for us, water temps in 60's, but you may be used to the cooler waters being from the west coast.

Texas
Level Contributor
600 posts
71 reviews
3. Re: Is the water cold in April?

it will be brisk for sure...but agree that it's what you are used to...too cold for us!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
151 reviews
4. Re: Is the water cold in April?

Galveston average April sea temperature (seatemperature.org data)

Max: 26.2°C / 79.2°F

Avg: 21.8°C / 71.3°F

Min: 18.3°C / 64.9°F

These figures are calculated from several years of recorded data and are the maximum, minimum and average temperatures of all the recorded years

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
430 posts
137 reviews
5. Re: Is the water cold in April?

It depends on your tolerance level.Many people are in the water every day.And have been for a month.I don't like cold water.But I accidentally fell in a month ago at our marina,here in Galveston.And to my surprise.It was not bad taking the plunge.The part that really made it cold was when you get out and the wind hits you.Many folks have already posted links to weather sites.I just told you from my perspective.Come have fun.

6. Re: Is the water cold in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2016, 05:33
7. Re: Is the water cold in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2017, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Galveston
Recent Conversations