We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise with 15-year old daughter

Which Galveston hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Magrath
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise with 15-year old daughter

I am planning to go on a 7-day cruise with my daughter Dec 15 (first time cruiser from Canada). I will rely on shuttle services to/from Bush Airport in Houston to port of Galveston. Are there any hotels within walking distance post cruise in Galveston so I don't have to wait for taxi. I heard the port is busy & chaotic. There will be a long line up to wait for the taxi. Which shuttle offers reasonable transportation to/from Houston? Any places I should avoid to go with my teenage daughter in Houston & Galveston?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
232 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise with 15-year old daughter

The Harbor House is right there by the Port

and the Treamont Hotel is in walking distance to the Port it is a Whyndam Hotel very very nice, it is in the area that is called the Strand - nice shopping and Restaurants

Magrath
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise with 15-year old daughter

Harbor house appears to be old & does not come with extra amentities. If Tremont is within walking distance to the Port, this hotel will be a better choice. Can I get around there easily without a car?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise with 15-year old daughter

You can easily walk around the Tremont Hotel, it is in the Strand district with lots of activity.

Several hotels along the Seawall have shuttles to the cruises. You might want to check this area out. Try the Hotel Galvez, San Luis, Hilton or Holiday Inn Resort.

Cannot offer advice on airport shuttles since I have not used them. I was at the airport yesterday and noticed a companythat serviced airport to cruise lines... TexasAirportCar.com

There are lots of things to do in Galveston and Houston depending on how long you have pre or post cruise. What are your interests? http://www.galveston.com/whattodo/

If you plan to stay pre or post cruise, you may want to consider a rental car on either end of your stay.

Welcome to Texas and happy cruising!

4. Re: Cruise with 15-year old daughter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 23:32
Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
181 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise with 15-year old daughter

You will have fun shopping on the Strand. There is an old fashioned candy shop, chocolate factory shop, clothing and touristy things. Several hotels offer free shuttles to the cruise ships. You might have fun reading CruiseCritic.com and seeing where others on your cruise stayed and what they did. It always helps us. If the trolley cars are running in Galveston, you might want to hop on to see the historical homes, Sea Wall, etc. Galveston.com has tons of info on Galveston and what is happening at the time! Safe travels!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise with 15-year old daughter

Shuttle Service to Galveston Cruise Terminals:

Try Vista Shuttles LLC, Super Suttle or a taxi but this last option is more expensive.

Since you are arriving late, you may consider staying at a Hotel around the airport area. Nearby places: The Woodlands Mall, Downtown Aquarium, Deerbrook Mall etc.

Orange
Level Contributor
68 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise with 15-year old daughter

The Tremont offers free shuttle service to their sister Hotel Galvez on the Seawall also if u wanted to check out a little of the Gulf side

8. Re: Cruise with 15-year old daughter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 11:18
Get answers to your questions about Galveston