We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better to stay in Sweetwater or elsewhere?

South Carolina
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Better to stay in Sweetwater or elsewhere?

I will be traveling to Sweetwater to see the Lost Sea this spring. All the lodgings have very similar rates posted. Is one actually any better than the other? Please recommend, or tell me a nearby city that has a nice place to stay. Thanks!

Somewhere on Earth...
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Better to stay in Sweetwater or elsewhere?

Out of the 7 or 8 in Sweetwater I believe the Quality Inn is the newest. It's not been open very long. There's a Cracker Barrel close by.

Or, you can get on Hwy 68 going toward the Lost Sea. Go about 10 minutes past it and you will come to Madisonville. There are a couple of hotels there also. The Lost Sea is about 1/2 way between the two cities. Personally, I think I would choose Sweetwater. The hotels are basically beside Interstate 75.

For either place, there's not much around to do.

Lakeland,Fl
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Better to stay in Sweetwater or elsewhere?

Next time, try Best Value Inn. Ex 60 (Hwy 68) up on the hill behind Burger King. You can,t beat the view.

3. Re: Better to stay in Sweetwater or elsewhere?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 11:20
Get answers to your questions about Sweetwater