We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aunt Bugs Rentals

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Aunt Bugs Rentals

We recently rented from AuntBugs "Above Expectations". It was affordable$135 per night. We found out quickly why. It was full of cobwebs and dust. There were only supplies for 2 days so beware- dish soap, garbage bags, toilet paper. Our hot tub worked but was out of bromaine and super gross. We got chilly one night and grabbed an extra blanket for the night. Thank goodness my husband looked first at it it was covered in black mildew as if someone stored it months ago soaking wet. There were only some working remotes. The grill was a joke. One morning we woke to a black spider the size of an egg in the bathroom... Don't know if that's normal but it was gross. I will say this the staff when booking and arriving are wonderful but be prepared. Our rental was disgusting. This was our 2nd time in Tennessee. The precious company we used was far better. I guess we got what we paid for.

PA
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

If only you would have used trip advisor to review company’s before traveling instead of using trip advisor to complain after the fact. Aunt Bugs has by far the worst reviews of all others.

Georgia
Level Contributor
149 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

Aunt Bugs is fabulous at taking your reservations and your money but the moment there is a problem, especially the ones that are in their control (cleanliness of cabin, adequate supplies expected to be available with the property) they become the most obnoxious and uncaring staff and management I have ever encountered. They will never get my $ again nor will they ever get a referral from me after my last encounter.

Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

We rented top of the world from aunt bugs beautiful but very dirty , never was cleaned before we checked in. I ended up sick from sinus infection the dirt and dust and mold was awful the staff did nothing they said oh we'll will never rent from this company

4. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 July 2012, 11:05
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

I agree beautiful cabins but very dirty and the staff will do nothing to help

Venice, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

I agree with all of you. Shame on you Aunt Bugs! Some of these families have saved for a long tome to go on vacation. I have found all the staff & managers to be very nasty people. Yes.. they are great at taking your $$$, but are nasty when you call when there's a problem.

Hawthorn Woods...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

We called this AUnt Bugs rental place. We called on 10/13/13 and placed our reservation, We then called on 10/14/13 ( Less than 24 hrs later) and we were told they would not refund any of our money. We were NEVER told of such a policy and if we were told we would have waited the one extra day, then made a final decision. Then we were told that there is a "Registration Fee" of $45.00, Insurance fee ( get the picture !!). we have contacted the BBB, Bureau of Tourism, our Credit card company, Local chamber of com mere, and anywhere we can place a warning review. There are many other cabin rental places, for your own sake DONT use this one. We are a Senior couple who only interest is to WARN you of our bad experience. It takes a lot to get us upset, but this rental place made us mad

Edited: 15 October 2013, 17:57
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

Interesting how so many on here have either one or two post. I've never stayed there but it's hard to take this advice serious when people are logging on at 2:55 am to make their first and only post to criticize a company.

9. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 October 2013, 15:05
Edited: 18 October 2013, 15:05
10. Re: Aunt Bugs Rentals

Removed on: 18 October 2013, 15:05
Edited: 18 October 2013, 15:05