We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

maryland
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

Does anyone know the name of the BBQ place on Wears Valley rd(rt 73) on the left that also has a large produce stand by it? Its only about 2.5 miles from Pigeon Forge on Wears Valley Rd. I was wondering if it would be open in the beginning of Nov. when we come down. They had some excellent food especially the baked beans. Thanks for any info.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

I think you might be talking about the The Smokin Pig

2881 Wears Valley Road Hwy 321

maryland
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

Thanks. I thought the food and the homemade Peach ice cream were really good. Hope they're open at the beginning of Nov.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

They should be.you can always call and ask.(865-951-4943)There is also a Bennets BBQ Restaurant close by there too and its good.There was a good one in Townsend Clints BBQ but it burned down a week or two ago.Very sad but they plan on rebuilding it.

Kodak, Tennessee
Level Contributor
140 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

Clints BBQ is not in Townsend, it is located outside of Sevierville on 411N heading towards Newport.

Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

According to their brochure, it says they are open every day;

discoverwearsvalley.com/_brochures/wears_val…

Here are a couple of other links;

wearsvalley-farmersmarket.com/smokin-pig.html

dininginthesmokies.com/_sevier/smoking_pig_w…

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,779 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

I've eaten at Bennets BB-Q in Pigeon Forge once. It was nothing spectacular. The sauce was kinda bland with not very much flavor...the pulled pork bbq sandwich didn't come with any slaw. The dish of beans were ok......about the only thing I liked about Bennets was their fried pickles. (I think that's what they were)

I think Corky's is alot better. Their sandwichs are alot sloppier. (which is good)

Ray

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
1,209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

Hi,

IF anyone is interested in writing a review for the Smokin' Pig Barbecue that is located a the Wears Valley Farmers Market...it is now listed on Tripadvisor:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g55328-d19…

I hope to try it myself next summer..since my favorite has closed up (Bear Camp Grill).

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
14,641 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

The BBQ place in Townsend is the LIttle River BBQ where they have the little river tubing. We like their BBQ better than most in the area. Haven't tried the Smoking PIg yet but have tried Bennetts and did not think is was that great.

Tx
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

We like the Rib Shack on Pittman Center Rd.

Great ribs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYC
Level Contributor
2 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BBQ place on Wears Valley Rd.

The Rib Shack is GREAT. They were the best I had in a very longtime. A must in my mind. I even bought a fantastic cherry wood walking stick for $20 (it is a $75+ item).

Get answers to your questions about Pigeon Forge