We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Graceland?????

Adelaide
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Graceland?????

Hi I am coming to Nashville early next year. Can anyone tell me if there are tours from nashville to Graceland.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
925 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Graceland?????

Boy, I'm not sure -- but if there are, it will make for a looooong day. It's at least a 6 hr round trip to Memphis from Nashville, and that's only on the rare days where traffic on I-40 moves the way it should.

Franklin, TN
Level Contributor
688 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Graceland?????

There are no organized 1 day tours from Nashville to Memphis. You are looking at about a 200 mile trip, EACH WAY. If you want to do it yourself and rent a car, that would be the easiest thing to do.

Good luck and welcome to Nashville.

TRACY,CA
Level Contributor
146 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Graceland?????

Thanks KC, You ask the question I was going to ask.

We were thinking of going to Nashville this year for a little added vacation. PROBLEM we are seeing with Tenn is distance.

Last year we thought we would trade or rent into a timeshare but found Nash,Dollywood and now Graceland are all to far apart to enjoy in vacation and we don't plan on three trips there.

I am big Elvis fan and always wanted to see Graceland and to take more than one of the tours probley takes more than one day.

I wanted to bring my wife and daughter to Nashville to see the and hear the country music that I was raised on and Dollywood seemed like nice place for timeshare vacation.

This is same reason we never traded into Germany because it is so spread out you would need 10 trips to see it all.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Graceland?????

If you're going to be in Tennesee and want to see Graceland, you should make every effort to do so!! As others have written, Memphis is around 200 miles one way from Nashville.

Perhaps you could plan on leaving Nashville one morning, drive to Memphis, see Graceland and spend the night, then return to Nashville the next morning.

Though it seems like a hassle, you'll be too close not to do it!

WTW
NL, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Graceland?????

There's a company I have used for my clients staying in Nashville, but who want to visit Graceland but only for a Day Trip (note, however it IS a longgg day): www.sweetmagnoliatours.com

Janet

World Travel Warehouse

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Graceland?????

This is an old post, check the dates!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Graceland?????

I am panning to do Graceland in one day. If we drove does anyone know of a car hire company we could use and do you know if they can drop the car to your hotel or easier to collect from airport?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Graceland?????

Can you explain a little clearer what you are planning to do. We can maybe help you better.

Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Graceland?????

Hi...We are arriving at 6 pm in Nashville from a long flght from Aust. We thought it best to hire a car and go straight to Memphis the following day rather than the bus because we can go at our own pace there and back.

My question...

Would it be easier to hire at the airport and return back to the airport or are there car hire places downtown to use? We are staying at the Best Western Music Row.

Car hire company receommendation would be great

We may suffer jet lag and not used to driving on the opposite side of the road so is it easy to navigate around nashville and getting to Memphis?

Thanks in advance for your assistance and guidance.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Graceland?????

Hi

We stayed at Best Western Music Row last year. It was a good hotel. It's near Demonbraun Street.

We always use www.enterprise.com for our car hire.

There is an Enterprise right over the road from Best Western.

My advice would be to get the car from there.

Enterprise will pick you up but if you get the car from them, you can walk over and get the car yourself. Check on their website, location, type of car etc.. and reserve it.

Driving in America is quite easy, you just need to make sure where you are going before you set off. I would suggest www.mapquest.com, you will have all your routes saved on there and you can print them off. Memphis is about 3-4 hours drive from Nashville along Interstate I-40W

Any more questions, please ask.