We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

New York City
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

Hi. I'm planning a trip to Nashville in August, and am having a hard time understanding the neighborhoods. I'd like to stay at a hotel near the nightlife so I can walk back to my hotel after a night out at bar, listening to music, etc. What neighborhood is that exactly? Music Row? Downtown?

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

You will want to stay downtown. Music Row is a few miles west of town and is home to primarily the business side of country music and offices of the big record companies, although there are a few bars there. The honkytonk action will be found around Lower Broadway, 2nd Ave, Printer's Alley, all within walking distance of each other and hotels. What's your price range on a hotel?

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
381 reviews
2. Re: where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

I always say the hilton it is directly across the street from Broadway where the honky tonks are as well as only a couple of blocks from 2nd ave where all the clubs are.

There are also a few bars on music row that are fun but you would not be able to walk to those at night just short cab ride

Tennessee
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
3. Re: where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

The Renaissance or the Hilton. Both are nice and within walking distance of Broadway nightspots. From there it is a short, inexpensive cab ride to the other bars/restaurants/nightlife on West End/Division/Demonbreun.

Have fun.

Radford, VA
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
4. Re: where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

I also recommend the Hilton. We stayed there this past weekend and it was great! Very close to the night life. You can walk to the bars in less than 5 minutes.

Jacksonville, AL
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Downtown and would do so again. Going back to the room at night was an uphill walk but not to bad. There are closer hotels to the nightlife but probably more expensive.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

The Holiday Inn Express downtown is probably the best value in the downtown area. I've stayed there on business three times, each for close to a week. It's not the Plaza, and could benefit from some renovation, but it's basically clean and comfortable enough, and is within walking distance of the downtown music scene.

Mt. vernon, missouri
Level Contributor
344 posts
7. Re: where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

We are planning on attending Music festival '08 and would like any advice on where to stay close to all the activities, I belive the main stage is at the Colisium(sp?) nothing fancy but fairly nice with a restraunt close for breakfast. Thanks!

Pierre, SD
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

Just returned from Nashville and the new Hampton Inn on 4th was a great location. It was about 1 1/2 blocks to downtown and very safe to walk even at night after we walked to a concert at the Ryman. The Hampton just opened in June and is very modern and clean and the staff was very helpful plus they have free indoor and outdoor parking , a great extended free breakfast and an indoor pool. It's also across the street from the Hall of Fame and next to the new symphony hall. Have a great time!

Southeast US
Level Contributor
613 posts
1 review
9. Re: where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

Priceline section - Vanderbilt to downtown will either put you within walking distance or cheap cab fare downtown.

10. Re: where to stay in Nashville, near nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 17:26