We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Ole Opry Question

New Jersey
Level Contributor
190 posts
47 reviews
Grand Ole Opry Question

Hi, making first visit in another month or so. I looked at opry.com. There's a show we'd like to see 10/26 with three muscial artists listed for both 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Both entries (the 7 p.m. and the 9:30 p.m.) are exactly the same. Do I buy tickets for the earlier show? the late show? Do I have to buy both? I looked at the pinned posts on the GOO to the right, but could not find an answer there. Thank you so much!

9 replies to this topic
Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Grand Ole Opry Question

Pick the one which fits your schedule. The early and late shows are usually identical, but there can be a small change in the lineup between them.

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Grand Ole Opry Question

While the lineups are typically identical, at least in who is appearing, the order of who appears when may change. For instance, when Carrie Underwood performs, she is typically last in the first show (8:30 time slot), but not in the 2nd show). The lineup may change slightly as some artists don't perform the late show (Rascal Flatts typically does not perform a 2nd show), but they are two, different shows and the songs performed will be different.

October is a busy month for the Opry, so they typically schedule two shows on Friday and / or Saturday nights (and occasionally Tuesday, as well). When the first show is over, you have to exit and ticket holders for the 2nd show are then admitted. You can buy for both shows, but will have to exit and re-enter.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
190 posts
47 reviews
3. Re: Grand Ole Opry Question

Thank you so much -- I see I was over-complicating things. The same shows back-to-back. Got it!

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
4. Re: Grand Ole Opry Question

If you are driving to the Opry the first show will be a bit easier to find parking

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
76 reviews
5. Re: Grand Ole Opry Question

Yes and no on the comment in #4.

The 7:00 show will still have a lot of patrons from Opry Mills using the shared parking lot when you arrive around 6:00. For the 9:30 show, when you arrive around 8:30, a lot of these folks will have left, so you may find a nice spot.

At the current time, there is a lot of construction in the North Parking Lot area (between Opry Mills and Gaylord Opryland. I recommend trying to find a space in the East Lot, outside Mission BBQ / Chuy's. Much less hassle right now.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
97 reviews
6. Re: Grand Ole Opry Question

The Mission BBQ/Chuy's side frustrates me. The rows are short so I always end up circling around and around until finally giving up and parking way down by Bed Bath & Beyond or further. I stopped doing that unless I'm going to Chuy's and now just go to the northwest lot area near the IMAX part of the theater. The northwest corner of the lot always has plenty of parking. It's a walk from there to the Opry House, but it's not like a trek through a deserted wasteland and it's probably no further than from BB&B.

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
76 reviews
7. Re: Grand Ole Opry Question

monkeylizard - I also tend to part in the "hinterlands" when going to the Opry. The construction in the area between Dave & Busters / Regal Cinemas and the Gaylord Events Center has most of those rows of parking blocked at one end, so if you venture down a row with no spaces, you're in tight quarters to turn around to get back out.

The plus to the area nearest Mission and Chuy's is if you can find a spot, you have a shorter walk to the Opry Gazebo. If you get to the Gazebo, the Opry offers golf cart shuttles from there to / from the Opry House. Just look for the guys in the flourescent yellow shirts.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
97 reviews
8. Re: Grand Ole Opry Question

For those unfamiliar with the Opry Mills/Opry House parking, here's a Google Map I made with some labels: https://tinyurl.com/ybqlh7v2

I made this to show how to park at the mall and walk to the Opryland hotel to avoid the stupid parking rates at the hotel, but it's handy for this discussion too.

The area with the orange "P" label is the area Patrick K is talking about that's under construction. The parking area just south of that close to the mall where you see a lot more cars is where the north end of some rows are currently blocked. I'd avoid that part of the parking lot.

The area of the lot to the west and northwest of the yellow balloon icon is where I like to park. That's the area NW of the mall itself as you get close to the river. It's a longer walk to the Opry House, but there are almost always open spaces out there.

In the bottom right corner of the map you'll see Mission BBQ and to the northeast of that is an orange balloon icon marking the Opry Gazebo. If you drag the map and move down, you'll see the parking area on the east side of the mall. That's where Patrick's talking about parking and making your way to the gazebo. Bring a couple of $1s for a tip for your golf-cart driver if you go that way. I used the cart the last time I went because I was running late and it was very convenient.

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
76 reviews
9. Re: Grand Ole Opry Question

Excellent service monkeylizard!

Reply to: Grand Ole Opry Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted