We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning for 2019 CMA fest

1 post
Save Topic
planning for 2019 CMA fest

Hi,

I am planning to go to Nashville for my first time to celebrate my 50th birthday at the 2019 CMA fest. I am wondering if I should book my hotel and concert tickets through a travel company - and if so, which one is best? Or, is it better to book hotel and Ticketmaster independently? Also, is it true I need to book a year in advance? There will be anywhere from 4 to 10 couples coming in from California.

63 replies to this topic
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning for 2019 CMA fest

Others here are better informed to answer your reservation/ticketing questions but just FYI, we're in the middle of a hotel building boom so there will be a number of new options for 2019 that aren't currently open. This link will lead you to the latest and greatest: visitmusiccity.com/media/…KitDevelopments

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning for 2019 CMA fest

As a traveler, I am almost always against booking through companies as you're always going to pay a premium for the service, but....

With a group that could possibly be as large as 20, trying to book rooms during the busiest week of the year in Nashville and trying to score one of the hottest concert tickets in the country...I'd be inclined to go through a company. If you don't mind paying a bit more than if planned on your own, I say go for it. The logistics alone for a group potentially that size for that time of year sound like a nightmare to plan on your own!

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: planning for 2019 CMA fest

There are a couple of FB groups that I follow that can give good advice on which tour companies are the best to go with. "Going to CMA Fest 2018" and "NEW Going to CMA Music Fest 2018" are what you want to search for. I think one of the most recommended companies is Sweet Magnolia Tours, but the helpful members of those groups will be your best resource.

Keep in mind that there are about 2,000 hotel rooms that are on track to come online in Nashville in the next 12 months, many of which will be in the downtown area, so the rates should begin to trend downward over what they currently are bringing. Keep this in mind as there will likely be less total demand for the rooms since the supply will go up. I wouldn't hesitate to wait until September / October to book because of this.

Vernon Rockville...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: planning for 2019 CMA fest

Your best bet is to book through Johnny Walker. Hotel,and tickets are all included.

Dallas, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: planning for 2019 CMA fest

what are the dates for 2019 CMA Fest?

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: planning for 2019 CMA fest

I’m trying to find it too!!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: planning for 2019 CMA fest

2019 dates have not been announced yet.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,699 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: planning for 2019 CMA fest

It will almost certainly be June 6-9, 2019

Edited: 09 June 2018, 00:08
New York
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: planning for 2019 CMA fest

It's always the first week of June starting on Thursday after the CMT awards, or so I've been told. I'd like to know when tickets go on sale though.

Edited: 09 June 2018, 00:39
Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,276 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: planning for 2019 CMA fest

The CMT Awards is based on CMA Fest, not the other way around.

As for when tickets go on sale, current pass holders are now in a window of being able to renew for next year. In years past, they could repurchase their same seats, but this year, they are only given the option to repurchase within the same area. This is leading some to believe there are some significant changes on the drawing board for the set-up. Tickets for new purchasers usually go on sale in the fall. The best way to stay apprised of the timing of events is to subscribe to the CMA emails from their website at www.cmaworld.com.

Reply to: planning for 2019 CMA fest
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nashville
Recent Conversations