We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Popular Places for Food Downtown Nashville

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,843 posts
626 reviews
Save Topic
Popular Places for Food Downtown Nashville

Came across this link. Would you say this list is pretty good for some places to try or would you suggest others?

https:/…best-downtown-restaurants-nashville

4 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Popular Places for Food Downtown Nashville

Yep I think they combine some of the more popular spots and a few more "under the radar" establishments pretty well. I'm very happy to see the Farm House on here, which blew me away when we went there upon their first opening back in 2016.

I won't lie, I was super skeptical when they led off with Jeff Ruby's, which got dinged HARD on its health score a few months ago. However, the other 13 options look solid.

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Popular Places for Food Downtown Nashville

I don't think I've ever seen anyone fail a health inspection as bad as Jeff Ruby's did. I honestly thought it would be the end of them. Guess not.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 01:54
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
38,843 posts
626 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Popular Places for Food Downtown Nashville

They seem to still be ranked very high here on TA. Ranked #4 for restaurants.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Popular Places for Food Downtown Nashville

I think that is because the report was made public in local newspapers and Jeff Ruby's is in a prime location to cater to tourists and other out of town visitors. I doubt a couple of Michigan or a business person from Seattle would be aware of a Tennessean report from February.

FYI, in the report included mold found on food in one of the fridges/freezers. It was not a pretty report and you can read it if you just google "Jeff Ruby's Health Score"

Reply to: Popular Places for Food Downtown Nashville
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nashville