We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pancakes and Waffles

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
Pancakes and Waffles

Best place in downtown Nashville to sit down at a table for pancakes and waffles please ?

Sincere thanks.

Leonie.

Mentioned in this post
Downtown Nashville
Downtown Nashville
7,702 Reviews
Nashville, TN
8 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pancakes and Waffles

I haven't personally been yet, but I've heard really good things about Another Broken Egg Cafe. Their menu looks wonderful.

Mentioned in this post
Another Broken Egg Cafe
Another Broken Egg Cafe
281 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pancakes and Waffles

The tourist stop is the Pancake Pantry on 21st Avenue South in Hillsboro Village. I have not personally eaten there in at least 25 years.

I have heard that some of the hotels that have breakfast buffets make the same waffles that the restaurants make, since they use the same pancake and waffle batter from the same distributor.

If you really want great waffles, bring your own Belgian Waffle Maker, and go to Sprout's or Whole Foods and get a high quality mix, either 100% whole grain or a gluten free. Use cultured butter and 100% pure maple syrup, and your waffles will be much better than anything you can get in a restaurant. If you really want to doll them up, use buttermilk, Ceylon cinnamon, and pure vanilla extract.

I just realized what I am having for supper now.

Mentioned in this post
Pancake Pantry
Pancake Pantry
2,210 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Hillsboro Village
Hillsboro Village
18 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pancakes and Waffles

I wouldn't call Pancake Pantry a tourist trap. It's hardly a rip off designed to separate tourist from their money. It's a very popular restaurant because they have a wide variety of very good pancakes. That said, I've never met a pancake that was worth waiting in that weekend line for an hour+ to eat it.

But alas it's not in downtown anyway. I've been pleasantly surprised at the breakfast at Hard Rock Cafe in the past, though admittedly it has been a few years since I've been there for breakfast.

For some cheap eats, there's Varallo's. They have pancakes but I've never tried them. It's Nashville's oldest restaurant dating back to 1907.

Mentioned in this post
Pancake Pantry
Pancake Pantry
2,210 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pancakes and Waffles

Thanks monkeylizard...as always I am grateful for your feedback...

Sincerely

Leonie

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pancakes and Waffles

Pancake Pantry is definitely worth the trip. Always great when I went.

Mentioned in this post
Pancake Pantry
Pancake Pantry
2,210 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,924 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pancakes and Waffles

Varallo's is one of my favorites but their pancakes are so so, no different than a chain place.

I'll second Pancake Pantry not being worth the wait; definitely one of the more overrated establishments in the city. And as monkey said, it's not in the downtown core, which is what the OP is looking for.

Mentioned in this post
Pancake Pantry
Pancake Pantry
2,210 Reviews
Nashville, TN
Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
1,897 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pancakes and Waffles

The pfunky Griddle in Berry Hill, south of Downtown near Melrose is a unique place where you get to make your own creations.

https://www.thepfunkygriddle.com/

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pancakes and Waffles

Thanks Patrick K...I will check it out...

Leonie.

Reply to: Pancakes and Waffles
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted