We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anything special for Memorial Day weekend?

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Anything special for Memorial Day weekend?

We are staying thurs - say Memorial Day weekend. I did a search on this site and couldn’t find anything recent. I know all of the usual tourist stuff but wondering if there is anything special for that long weekend we should check out. First time to Nashville and staying at Omni. THanks!

7 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anything special for Memorial Day weekend?

On the right side of the page are the Top Questions about Nashville. The fifth one down is "What bands will be playing, or what other events will be happening during my visit?" There are several event calendars in there.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anything special for Memorial Day weekend?

Thanks, I am on an iphone and I don’t see that option. I did do a search. I’ll just google, I thought people here may have some recommendations -thanks anyway.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anything special for Memorial Day weekend?

The top questions are only accesible through the actual website, not the app. We have spent a good deal of time crafting them and they typically answer about 75% of the questions posed on here so I'd definitely give them a look!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
269 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anything special for Memorial Day weekend?

Here's a link that should be phone-friendly: visitmusiccity.com/Visitors/…memorialday

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anything special for Memorial Day weekend?

Thank you!

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,692 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anything special for Memorial Day weekend?

That's a good link from Notes. Here's another to one of the most comprehensive event calendar sites: https://www.nowplayingnashville.com/

Edited: 10 May 2018, 23:25
Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,272 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anything special for Memorial Day weekend?

If you are looking for events specific to the Commemoration of Memorial Day, there will likely be announcements related to these the week before that weekend. I will post what I see.

Typically, there is a ceremony at the State Veterans Cemetery on the Saturday or Sunday of that weekend, many of the smaller communities also do a small ceremony, i.e., Old Hickory has a Veterans Park and usually has a program. The largest ceremony is usually held at the Nashville National Cemetery just off Briley Parkway, north of the Opryland area. The Nashville Community Band performs, the Veterans Organizations are represented, there is a speaker and the ceremony concludes with the playing of taps and a 21-gun Salute. It's always a good event to commemorate why we get to enjoy our freedom and not just have a 3-day weekend.

Reply to: Anything special for Memorial Day weekend?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nashville