We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailgating at a titans game

Medford...
Level Contributor
86 posts
21 reviews
Tailgating at a titans game

We are coming to town in November for a titans game. Where do folks go prior to the game? Do bars around there have football parties? Tailgate in the parking lot? We are flying in and won't have a car, so bringing chairs, a grill, etc is impossible. A ticket company is offering a tailgate party for an extra fee but they can't seem to provide any real details. Thank you!

22 replies to this topic
Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Tailgating at a titans game

Probably no real information since it's 6-7 months away.

The bars and honky tonks on Broadway and the area are all open prior to the Titans Games, as far as "football parties" go, there won't be any per se, but there will be plenty of fans in each place getting their buzz on before the game. There will likely be an "official" host bar where the pre/post-game radio show will originate from, in years past, this has been Wildhorse, Honky Tonk Central and last year was Acme Feed & Seed. Once the season kicks off in 4-1/2 months, we'll know where that place is for this season.

Glad to see Mariota fans making the trek from the Northwest to come and see their favorite Duck play!

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
97 reviews
2. Re: Tailgating at a titans game

Yeah....I saw "Medford..." and thought Oregon too, but the OP is from Medford, MA and since we're hosting the New England Cheatahs on 11/11/18, I'm guessing that's the game.

I'm pretty sure one of the beer companies (used to be Bud or Bud Light) still hosts a pre-game tent, but most folks either drive in and tailgate in the parking lot or go to the honky tonks and bars on Broadway and 2nd Ave before and after the game.

Medford...
Level Contributor
86 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Tailgating at a titans game

Now now folks .. yes we are coming for the pats game. I think you better be prepared for a ton of new England fans that weekend. Tickets are way more expensive than for the eagles game. Everyone wants to have fun in Nashville I guess. I think you have given me what I need.. there are options besides paying for a tailgate party, especially when the cost is $100-200 extra just forthe party. Tickets alone are starting around $225... crazy!

Music City, USA
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
97 reviews
4. Re: Tailgating at a titans game

Yeah, I wouldn't pay that. Just go downtown to the honky tonks with no cover charge. Bring some small bills to tip the bands. There's a nice pedestrian-only bridge connecting downtown with Nissan Stadium.

Medford...
Level Contributor
86 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: Tailgating at a titans game

Thank you!

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
274 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: Tailgating at a titans game

BTW, Coach Belichick was born in Nashville. His dad was an assistant coach to Bill Edwards at Vanderbilt. The elder Belichick was instrumental in developing Bill Wade as the nation's top QB, and when Wade graduated and became the first pick in the NFL Draft, Belichick left Vanderbilt and went to North Carolina.

Bill Belichick still has friends in Nashville. It is also a bit of irony that his mentor, Bill Parcells, also was an assistant coach at Vanderbilt under Steve Sloan.

As for tailgating, you can find unorganized ones all around the stadium in the parking lots. The rule is that you can bring a portable grill and set up immediately behind your car.

There is an organized tailgate in parking lot T, but I have never been there. I don't partake in alcohol, and my wife keeps me on a short leash about eating, so it is 100% organic for us.

The best advice I can give you is to plan to arrive as early as you would if it were the Super Bowl. Traffic is a royal pain for game day Sundays. We come from the west side of the river, and the stadium is on the east side, and it isn't that easy for a newcomer to get across the river by car without making a wide wrap around the city to get to the east side.

Medford...
Level Contributor
86 posts
21 reviews
7. Re: Tailgating at a titans game

We are staying in walking distance to the field and downtown, so at least we won't be getting into a car to get there. Thanks for all the info!

Medford...
Level Contributor
86 posts
21 reviews
8. Re: Tailgating at a titans game

And interesting about Bill Belichick. I must say I'm not a huge fan (he always seems so unpleasant), but he is a brilliant coach...

Nashville, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Nashville
Level Contributor
2,347 posts
76 reviews
9. Re: Tailgating at a titans game

In regards to my earlier comment, since you're evidently not coming to root for Mariota, the money you pay for hotel and tickets will be greatly appreciated! BTW, you may not come as a fan of Marcus, but when he engineers a win for the home town Titans, you may want to stop by the Locker Room after the game and pick up a jersey for the next great NFL QB since his future is bright and the jersey of that old relic in NE will be just a "Throwback" in just a year or two!

Medford...
Level Contributor
86 posts
21 reviews
10. Re: Tailgating at a titans game

Haha, we shall see. In any event i expect a great game and loads of fun in Nashville! Can't wait, this is actually my first NFL game. I so far have refused to go to a pats game because our stadium is far from boston... so much aggravation to get there and back. And I love Nashville!

Reply to: Tailgating at a titans game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted