We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunshine Coast to Yarrawonga

1 post
Sunshine Coast to Yarrawonga
Save

Hi everyone,

We’re planning a road trip from Sunshine Coast to Yarrawonga with our boys (aged 20, 17 & 8).

I’d like to book 2 overnighter’s along the way to break it up, driving approximately 6 hours per day for the first 2 days.

I’d appreciate any tips on accommodation, and best towns to stay in, to suits the needs of all our family

3 replies to this topic
Mornington...
Level Contributor
16,691 posts
31 reviews
43 helpful votes
1. Re: Sunshine Coast to Yarrawonga
Save

I would have a look at Moree & Parkes for overnight stays. Each town is large enough to find good food and accommodation and activities for the 8 year old.

Greater Melbourne...
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
196 reviews
95 helpful votes
2. Re: Sunshine Coast to Yarrawonga
Save

I'd suggest Goondiwindi and Dubbo. Can you make time to visit the amazing Dubbo zoo?

You probably can't average much more than 80 kms/hr for the day, when you allow for food, fuel and toilet stops, plus getting stuck behind all those huge transports on the Newell.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
21,140 posts
67 reviews
28 helpful votes
3. Re: Sunshine Coast to Yarrawonga
Save

I love Moree for the Hot Springs, which the kids will also love. Parkes is super interesting - especially if you show the kids the movie The Dish before you head off.

Dubbo is great for the zoo.

Goondi - nice enough town but not a lot for a family apart from the river walk. Good pubs though.

Which of these suggestions your take depends on whether you mean Yarrawonga in NSW or Vic?

Cheers.

Reply to: Sunshine Coast to Yarrawonga
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Yarrawonga
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.