We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog Friendly Pub/Restaurants

Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Dog Friendly Pub/Restaurants

Hi

We are visiting in June with our dog, staying at Crieff Hydro.

Can anyone recommend any pubs or restaurants that allow dogs in?

Thank you!

7 replies to this topic
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,445 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog Friendly Pub/Restaurants

Pub list for Crieff.

https:/…

I would think that it will only be pubs that you can take a dog into. I am sure there are laws that stop dogs in restaurants, perhaps unless you have a guide dog.

Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dog Friendly Pub/Restaurants

I see that website only shows you a few but rest you need to pay a subscription to see!

Do you have any names of pubs?

UK
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dog Friendly Pub/Restaurants

There are no laws that stipulate that dogs are not permitted in restaurants. The law states that dogs are not permitted in food preparation areas, ie., restaurant kitchens.

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,445 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dog Friendly Pub/Restaurants

Yes, well, I have eaten in restaurants around the world and have yet to see a dog in any of them. I think restaurants are quite savvy about that. They know how to keep their customers.

However, I am sure robertianrae, you will point the O.P to restaurants that allow dogs?? That is the question he is asking...

UK
Level Contributor
283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dog Friendly Pub/Restaurants

No I won't FJ. I was clarifying the law. I know the Orkney Hotel did, and the Standing Stones in Stenness do.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dog Friendly Pub/Restaurants

A fair drive from Crieff, but Butternut Squash, Portobello, Edinburgh positively encourage dogs. They have one of their own - friendly mutt!

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dog Friendly Pub/Restaurants

You obviously haven’t eaten in restaurants in Europe! I’ve seen many dogs in restaurants on my travels and why not! And there are no laws in Scotland that prohibit dogs in premises, only where food is prepared. It down to each individual Cafe/restaurant whether they allow dogs in or not. Crieff is practically all dog friendly in their eating establishments. Cashing in on the dog pound! Very civilised and can only add to the customer experience. Dog Friendly is the way to go. Wish I’d seen this before to advise.

Edited: 11 July 2018, 06:52
Reply to: Dog Friendly Pub/Restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Crieff