We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Original Cracker Barrel

Alabama
Level Contributor
657 posts
214 reviews
Save Topic
Original Cracker Barrel

Does anyone out there know if the original Cracker Barrel location in Lebanon still exists?...as either a restaurant or museum? Thanks!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Original Cracker Barrel

Hi deskclerk102,

I am almost positive that nothing exists of the original building. But, to be 100% sure, please give them a quick phone call. As you probably already know, it was located on Highway 109 on the outskirts of Lebanon. Who knows? Maybe some business took the original building and changed it some to suit their needs.

"Our phone number is (800) 333-9566. Our representatives are available Monday-Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time."

Bob

Alabama
Level Contributor
657 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Original Cracker Barrel

Thanks for the info Bob...I will give them a call!

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Original Cracker Barrel

Not an answer to your question, but an interesting episode:

Two of my friends (one of whom worked in Lebanon) moved to Michigan several years ago and went to a Cracker Barrel there. After taking their order, their server disappeared and returned with several other employees, saying that she wanted her co-workers "to hear people who talk just like the people in the training video."

Alabama
Level Contributor
657 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Original Cracker Barrel

Haha...We do actually exist, don't we?:)

Alabama
Level Contributor
657 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Original Cracker Barrel

Apparently, the original building does still exist on Hwy. 109 near Lebanon...but, it's a gas station now. I'm going to try to find it on my upcoming visit (although i'm sure there's really nothing to see:)

Cracker Barrel should buy that and make it a mini-museum like McDonalds and other chains have done.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Original Cracker Barrel

I'll ask my friends at work and see what they say whether it exists or not. Two or three of them live in that area and like history like this. I would have done so earlier, but forgot all about it. I never go anywhere near that area, or I would check myself.

That would be a good idea for a museum. Cracker Barrel probably thinks that each and every store is a "museum", which they kind of are.

When traveling, I'm a lot of times looking at the exits looking for old Stuckey's / Texeco buildings. They are what I grew up with. Gotta stop and get a pecan roll or a box of peanut brittle. LOL! They are still around, but none near Nashville. Here's a link to Google Images of old & new Stuckey's: http://tinyurl.com/24chjb3

Bob

Edited: 09 June 2010, 14:49
right over your...
Level Contributor
962 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Original Cracker Barrel

Yes, Bob! Stuckeys! There is a gas station in the mountains, the one right in front of the baseball stadium/info center. They have some Stuckey's candy. :)

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
753 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Original Cracker Barrel

Interesting topic! I was always of the understanding that the original store was the "Bean Pot" located in Crossville. There-after, one of the two partners sold out or bought out his partner and one started the same concept in Lebanon naming the store " Cracker Barrel".

The "Bean Pot still operates in Crossville. A few years ago I stopped and dined there to check it out. It clearly was the same concept but in a much less refined manner.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Original Cracker Barrel

Thanks for the Stuckey's link-brings back good traveling memories. :0 We loved Stuckey's. :0

We also love CB. A museum is a good idea, just a small one and in the original building, if available, would be great.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Original Cracker Barrel

To VCV: I am from MI. DH is from TX. I do this to him all the time-bring people to him and say listen to him-he sounds just like...

No, I am just kidding. Not that it hasn't happened......lol!!

He claims he no longer has an accent-HA! I have to translate every now and then. Esp in drive thru's- at the bank, the fast food places...

But the story was very funny. :)

Get answers to your questions about Lebanon
More Lebanon Topics