We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pony and trap

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
81 posts
40 reviews
Pony and trap

What is an estimated cost of a pony and trap tour? Do you have to go with a group or can just the 2 of us go on a tour?

26 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
14,093 posts
388 reviews
1. Re: Pony and trap

Best thing to do is contact Thomas here:

https://www.aranponytrap.com/tours

I'm guessing that it would be done in small groups perhaps max 4 people. I am certain they will do a tour for two, it will just cost a little more, but Thomas will give you better info if you contact him.

Estimated cost. I'm guessing shortest trip, maybe 15 mins would cost about 50 for two people.

Edited: 21 January 2018, 04:30
Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,771 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Pony and trap

Bryno, I didn't realize Thomas did short trips.....maybe it depends on the time of the year?....that's good to know....we stayed at their B&B, Seacrest, and loved it...... https://www.aranaccommodations.com/

we were there 22 & 23 May...he did several trips a day, for about 3 or 4 hours, cost us €25 per person....it was absolutely worth it....his trap has a roof and see through plastic sides he puts down if it starts to rain, so no fear of getting wet.... :-)

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
81 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: Pony and trap

Thanks for the cost estimate! We'd like a long tour of the island. I'll contact Thomas as well

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,771 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Pony and trap

Bryno always gives great recommendations....hope you get seats with Thomas....it'll be a highlight of your trip for sure :-)

O'Fallon, Missouri
Level Contributor
27 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Pony and trap

We just booked a tour with Thomas Faherty. We were quoted 25 euro per person for a shared tour (8-10 people) or 160 euro total for a private tour in late May. This would include 3-4 hours -timing based on how long we stayed at each site.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
81 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: Pony and trap

Thank you for the info. Enjoy your trip!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
176 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Pony and trap

Same here - have a shared trip booked this May for €25 per person. Good to note is if for any reason the ferry cannot run from Doolin, you are not charged for cancellation.

Exeter, Rhode Island
Level Contributor
514 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: Pony and trap

Oma, happy to hear you enjoyed Seacrest. We have a 1 night reservation there in August. Not to hijack this thread but do you contact them to request pickup from ferry or is Seacrest within walking distance?

Will look into booking a private Pony and Trap tour as well!

Susan

Whitney, Texas
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
16,771 posts
27 reviews
9. Re: Pony and trap

Susan, there will be a van at the dock that will drive you there....I think it was €5 return (round trip)....

2 posts
10. Re: Pony and trap

When I emailed Thomas Faharety about booking a tour ahead of time, they asked for my credit card information via email. Did this happen to anyone else? If so, did you provide your CC information? Did it work out ok?

Reply to: Pony and trap
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Inishmore