We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

Charlotte
Level Contributor
120 posts
Hotels

Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Hill City Vs Best Western Golden Spike Inn & Suites

Torn between the two. Any input would be greatly appreciated....

4 replies to this topic
South Dakota
Level Contributor
4,552 posts
1. Re: Hotels

Does the Golden Spike have a free breakfast? The HI Express does. With a family of five, this is always important to me.

Just a FYI, you only need to post in one forum. I think everyone on here just checks the South Dakota forum and when they do so, all other forums are visible.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
5,281 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: Hotels

We stayed at the HI--nice people working there, clean rooms, adequate breakfast, evening happy hour type thing with free beer, wine and soft drinks, which was a nice touch. The guest coin laundry came in very handy for us as the nights we stayed there were mid-way through a two week road trip. Short walk into town for shops and restaurants; conveniently located for the grocery store. I would stay there again.

No experience with the Best Western.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Hotels

I have no direct experience at either one. BW and HIE are rated #1 and #2 respectively on this site for hotels in Hill City. To me, it would be a toss up. I'd probably go with the more budget friendly of the 2. Both seem to offer similar amenities.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
751 reviews
4. Re: Hotels

The Golden Spike offers a breakfast. The rooms are basic but clean. They are pet friendly and offer a nice pet walk area.

Reply to: Hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hill City