We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old Time photo that has a digital (CD or download) package?

Minneapolis
Level Contributor
2 posts
94 reviews
Old Time photo that has a digital (CD or download) package?

We were in the Black HIlls in 2008, and there was a small photo studio we used that, for about $50, we were able to purchase a CD of about 20 different poses of our family. Most of the studio was outdoors, and they had a wagon scene, a bar scene, a bathtub scene, a jail scene... I believe this was in Hill City but it could have also been Keystone or Custer.

Anyway we're going back this year, and would like to use this place again (if they're still around) or another one like it that has a similar deal. But I can't remember the name of the place, and all the ones I see online seem to only offer a single pose for around $60, then $15+ for each additional print (with no digital option).

Can anyone recommend a good old time photo studio to use?

2 replies to this topic
Minneapolis
Level Contributor
2 posts
94 reviews
1. Re: Old Time photo that has a digital (CD or download) package?

OK I resorted to "going down the street" with Google Street View and figured it out: It was Key Photo in Keystone, and they have a facebook presence as of last fall so hopefully they'll still be around.

Still open to other people's experiences if you have better suggestions. Thanks!

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
532 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Old Time photo that has a digital (CD or download) package?

If I’m not mistaken there are two of the old time photo places in Keystone, one on the main drag and one in the little strip mall at the end of town as you head up the hill to Mt Rushmore. Not sure which one you might be thinking of.

Reply to: Old Time photo that has a digital (CD or download) package?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hill City