We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night life compared to other beach towns?

13 posts
Night life compared to other beach towns?

Hi!

So we have a group of twenty-something girls looking for a beach vacation with some nightlife. I'm wondering what it's like in Myrtle? I know this is a big family destination, but do a lot other people in the younger adult age range go as well?

We're also considering Panama City Beach, so if you have any input on that we would appreciate it too.

Spartanburg, South...
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Night life compared to other beach towns?

I've never been to PC Beach as an adult but I think that your find Myrtle Beach to be similar. I would say that Myrtle is probably larger and has more options. In terms of bars and clubs Myrtle has just about everything you could want.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,259 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Night life compared to other beach towns?

You will need transportation, as the general Myrtle Beach area is pretty spread out.

Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
3,123 posts
36 reviews
3. Re: Night life compared to other beach towns?

I have frequented both PCB and MB and MB is our favorite. MB is much bigger I would say at least 3 times the size of PCB, therefor offering a whole lot more to families and single people. Broadway at the Beach has a night club section as well as fabulous restaurants and shopping. Location is a key factor, depending on where you stay within the city. We typically stay in a condo in North MB and it's very family oriented there. There is a difference in the beaches/ocean. I think the gulf water is prettier but it sometimes has sea weed. The Atlantic ocean has very little seaweed and lots of shells and when the tide goes out there are a lot of little wading pools.

4. Re: Night life compared to other beach towns?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2017, 14:17