We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fun things in late jan myrtle beach

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
charleston, sc
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
fun things in late jan myrtle beach

Im looking for fun things to do in Myrtle Beach the weekend of Jan 30. 2 Adults and 3 Kids 15, 10 and 7. Mainly things for the kids

Lugoff, SC
Level Contributor
436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fun things in late jan myrtle beach

Broadway at the Beach is a great place to go for all ages. Not only will you have the dining options, they have a put-put place (although not sure if it will be open) numerous stores and just sight seeing and walking around. The aquarium is great for that age as well. Take a look into Medieval Times as well, they might enjoy it too! Comes with a huge meal!

medievaltimes.com/findcastles/myrtlebeach/

I have never been to Maze Mania outside of spring break and summer vacation but I would look and see if that is open. It might be a little too childish for the 15 year old but it might be fun. It is a maze that you try to find your way out of. It might be too cold but if you catch any decent weather I would head down to Garden City and try it out! It is very cheap!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fun things in late jan myrtle beach

You could also go to Dixie Stampede, it is like Medieval Times but with a Civil War theme. I've been twice, good show and good food.

The strip in Myrtle Beach will be open, down near where the Pavillion used to be. There are still some arcades around, as well as Ripley's Believe It or Not, Ripley's Haunted Adventure and Ripley's moving theater.

At Broadway at the Beach, there are some rides there from the old Pavillion as well in the Pavillion Nostalgia Park, a little expensive, but I bring my 8 y.o. and let him ride the rides sometimes, as well as my wife and my self ride some as well. Ripley's Aquarium is also a good attraction, way better than the State Aquarium in Charleston, SC.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: fun things in late jan myrtle beach

I'll agree that the aquarium in MB is way better than ours in Charleston.

We have a condo that we rent in MB and really don't get to take advantage of it. But, we thought what the heck, let's bring the kids this holiday weekend and go! My 2 boys are 8 and 3 1/2 and and I would love to take them to Ripleys' Believe it or Not. Growing up, my parents never took me because they always said it wasn't worth it. What do you think??

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fun things in late jan myrtle beach

The kids may like it but it is not worh the money to me. I was always told that before i ever went and I did and I relized it my own self.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
194 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fun things in late jan myrtle beach

Well, I thought the Ripley's museum was alright when I went, but I havent been to it in years. But I thought it was an idea, some people like it and others dont. There is also another attraction that Ripley's has I just found out. My son brought a coupon home from school for the Ripley attractions and they have a Mirror Maze there now as well.

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fun things in late jan myrtle beach

Ripley's Aquarium is definitely worth going to. The tiger preservation might be good also. I don't know if it open in the winter but you can check at Barefoot Landing. It is expensive though but if it fits your budget then I highly recommend it.

Murrells Inlet...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fun things in late jan myrtle beach

you do know that the aquarium is half price if you have a local id...great deal.

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fun things in late jan myrtle beach

We finally went to Ripley's Aquarium on Christmas Day. Our 20 year old daughter was with us. We've been to many great aquariums in the past and we were not disappointed with this one. As for expense, that's going to be your decision on what you want to spend. You can go through the place in 30 minutes or spend hours there. Really depends upon your kids interest level in this type of attraction. Your 15 year old may not like it unless he/she really likes aquariums. My daughter enjoyed it very much.

If the weather is nice try out one of the super fun mini golf courses.

Le Grand Cirque at the Palace Theater is a good show and something all ages will enjoy.

palacetheatremyrtlebeach.com/cirque_02.htm

Can't recommend Spirit of Ireland. We went, it was horrible, we left.

My kids used to love to fly kites on the beach. Actually they still love to fly kites on the beach!

If the weather doesn't cooperate the Lazer Tag is fun too:

http://www.lazerfxlazertag.com/

I agree with Dixie Stampede. If you haven't been it's fun and again, good for all ages. Be sure to get there for the pre show.

Have a great time!

Have a great time!

9. Re: fun things in late jan myrtle beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 18:22