We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas Shortage?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
Gas Shortage?

We plan to travel from Charleston, WV to Myrtle Beach, SC on Saturday, Sept. 20th.

We usually stop in Wytheville, VA for gas. We are hearing rumors of a shortage. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gas Shortage?

I have seen a few stores that has "ran out" where I live at.

Myrtle Beach, SC
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gas Shortage?

We have no problem at this time with gas in the Myrtle Beach area. Prices range from $3.83-$3.99.1 place even $4.45. Prices have been steady since Fri afternoon.

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gas Shortage?

From what I understand they should be opening the gas pipeline soon. Don't worry! :)

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gas Shortage?

Gas is $3.85-3.89 all up and down hwy 17 today. Only one station that I saw had 10 gallon"limit please" sign posted.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gas Shortage?

Gas is down to $3.77 by my house, so hopefully it keeps falling.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gas Shortage?

I'm also going to MB this weekend from Charlotte. Don't know of areas north, but shortages in Florence, SC up into Charlotte. I've been told by my relatives that areas east of Raleigh are not having shortages like we are. I called a gas station in MB this am and they knew nothing of any shortages!

I googled "gas stations in ______" on various towns in between and found ph #'s and called gas stations.

Good luck!

7. Re: Gas Shortage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 21:18