We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memorial Day 2018 - trip report

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
134 posts
82 reviews
Memorial Day 2018 - trip report

Just back from Charleston. My sister lives down there so we have made a tradition going down to Seabrook Island. We had to stay in West Ashley on 5/25 due to some scheduling conflicts. We met my sister and husband at Blossom downtown. The service was really good and I would give the food 4/5. Good seafood and appetizers. We walked around downtown after dinner which was great with the nice cool weather. The next day we made our way out to Seabrook Island. We love it out there. We rented a paddle board and a rental place in Fresh Fields so we were able to swim, paddleboard, and enjoy the pool. We rode bikes around later on and enjoyed all the island scenery and architecture. They have done a great job of building the homes around the live oaks. Sunday was another great beach day in the morning until the rain started around 2pm. We drove out to Folly Beach and walked out on the pier. It was rather rainy by this point but still had fun. I had never been to Folly beach and the area has a really cool beach bum vibe. Looking forward to my next visit down to Charleston. Such a great city that really has evolved in the last 20 years.

Best Seller
Charleston’s Old South Carriage...
744 Reviews
from USD 26.00*
Best Seller
Charleston Harbor History Tour
464 Reviews
from USD 27.56*
Ghosts of Charleston Tour
95 Reviews
from USD 25.00*
2 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
270 posts
204 reviews
1. Re: Memorial Day 2018 - trip report

Thanks for reporting back and glad you made the best of the wet weather.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
991 posts
777 reviews
2. Re: Memorial Day 2018 - trip report

Gkad you had a wonderful visit. Thanks for letting us know.

Reply to: Memorial Day 2018 - trip report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted