We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late airport arrival

K N
California
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Late airport arrival

My husband and I, our two kids and my elderly parents will be visiting Charleston for the first time in a few weeks. Our flight arrives after 1am, and we plan to stay at the airport Hyatt to catch a few hours of sleep before checking into our VRBO. I just found out that the hotel shuttle won't be running at that time, and all rental car agencies will be closed. Ugh. Has anyone had experience with taxis, Uber or Lyft at 1:30am? Thanks in advance!

Best Seller
Charleston’s Old South Carriage...
742 Reviews
from USD 26.00*
Best Seller
Charleston Harbor History Tour
464 Reviews
from USD 27.56*
Ghosts of Charleston Tour
95 Reviews
from USD 25.00*
9 replies to this topic
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Late airport arrival

I have the same problem!!! HELP!!!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,183 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Late airport arrival

Most of us who answer on this board live locally, so if we arrive late, our personal car is out in the lot. The website says that there is transport available until the last flight arrives.

https:/…Taxis-Shuttles

K N
California
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Late airport arrival

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,183 posts
45 reviews
4. Re: Late airport arrival

I would imagine that means there will be cabs outside.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Late airport arrival

Thank you! Is there Uber that late at night?

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,183 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Late airport arrival

I really don't know.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
989 posts
773 reviews
7. Re: Late airport arrival

Endo, have they changed the rules at the airport? I remember the last flights arriving by midnight or not arriving. Made the news when a flight running late was not allowed to land a few years ago and had to go back to either Atlanta or Charlotte where it came from. Because of the neighborhoods around that area, flights used to end by midnight. I looked over the arrival schedules and looks like all flights are in by 11:59. We've flown some of the later flights back and I remember the latest arrivals being before midnight.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,183 posts
45 reviews
8. Re: Late airport arrival

Are you sure that was Charleston? I have gotten in due to weather delays at 2, 3 and even 4 am and landed just fine. I got in at about 4am at least 10 years ago and we definitely landed.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
989 posts
773 reviews
9. Re: Late airport arrival

Endo, that was a while ago and I'm pretty sure it was Charleston that had the policy of not allowing flights to land after midnight. The policy may have changed, but North Charleston had something in place to help neighborhoods being affected by the noise at one time. I remember a flight being diverted because it took off after midnight from one of the closer starting points and it was sent back. That may have ended the policy. It was a long time ago. We've never landed after midnight, but we haven't flown out of Charleston in a number of years.

Reply to: Late airport arrival
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted