We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants to Avoid

Winter Springs...
Level Contributor
773 posts
52 reviews
Restaurants to Avoid

I'll be in town for a wedding in July and I've noted there seem to be many recommended restaurants in the historic district. With my limited time in town I'm looking forward to some wonderful food. Are there are any places in the historic district which are known tourist traps with overpriced not so great food that should be avoided?

23 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
54,533 posts
1,819 reviews
21. Re: Restaurants to Avoid

Per the previous post - I always avoid any restaurant with a “hawker,” or a person dressed like a large shrimp, or similar.

I might have missed a great place, here, or there, but doubt it.

Good luck,

Hunt

Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
22. Re: Restaurants to Avoid

Is there a certain area of town that tends to have a concentration of good places to eat? Speaking mainly for fun places to eat for lunch/diner that have some character. Not really fancy, more like places we can visit in shorts and a tshirt.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
13,306 posts
51 reviews
23. Re: Restaurants to Avoid

Not in the historic district, not that is a "good" restaurant anyway. At any of the beaches you can do this. Also at a number of places in the suburbs. Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, etc. If you can manage to wear nice shorts (not running/sports shorts) and a polo style shirt, then there are better options in the HD.

Reply to: Restaurants to Avoid
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted