We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bachelorette

New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Bachelorette

Bachelorette in July. Stay by the water or in town? VBO? Girls want to be near beach. Afternoon on the water? Any help will be appreciated. Never been there before

Best Seller
Charleston’s Old South Carriage...
668 Reviews
from USD 26.00*
Best Seller
Charleston Harbor History Tour
430 Reviews
from USD 27.56*
Downtown Charleston Culinary Tour
170 Reviews
from USD 65.00*
9 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
204 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bachelorette

It will be hot and humid, even at the beach, in July. Also the water temps will probably be in the high 80s or so, not what I find refreshing. Anyway you might want to limit your time at the beach to only once or twice, depending on the weather. Stay in air conditioning during the afternoon and go out again later when it starts to cool off. I think staying in town might work out better, but it will come down to where you plan to spend more time.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bachelorette

Folly Beach would be my choice for bachelorettes. Not many hotels/motels there so you might check into renting a house on the beach. In town is nice too with a day at the beach. Depends on how long you are staying.

Mentioned in this post
Folly Beach
Folly Beach
Coastal South Carolina, SC
New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bachelorette

thank you!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,951 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bachelorette

I too, would suggest staying in the historic district and having a beach day. (or 2 depending on the length of your stay) If you are in the HD, you will have loads of things in walking distance ~ shopping, restaurants, bars, historic sites, etc. During the hottest part of the day you could pop back into your hotel to cool off. Not many hotels in the HD have a pool, so if that is something you want, your lodging options will be fewer. If you stay out at the beach, you won't have very much in walking distance.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
498 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bachelorette

Keep in mind that any beach house will most likely be either Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday rental only during peak July summer weeks. Depending on what the concensus is of the group, I too would opt for the HD and have a beach day or two. Folly wold be a great destination as there is plenty to do during the day, in addition the beach, and even more options for the early evening when you come off the sand. Search bachelorette in this forum and you'll have lots of info on what others have asked and what many of the local experts have suggested. Good Luck.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51,425 posts
1,730 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bachelorette

I find that midday - Afternoon is a great time to check out an air conditioned local bar, when in the Deep South, in July.

The Historic District has many, and a lot are well worth exploring, IMHO.

Enjoy!

Hunt

New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bachelorette

Thank you! Trying to find a rental. Not having been there, it’s hard to know what is the right area.

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,067 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bachelorette

You can post what you have found and the locals can give you pointers as to what's a good location and what's not.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bachelorette

Oh thank you.. good idea.

Reply to: Bachelorette
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted