We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very short trip!

1 post
Save Topic
Very short trip!

We will be in Charleston for a gymnastics meet this weekend, and as much as we wish we had more time, it just isn’t possible for this trip.

I know that this is not nearly enough time to really explore the city, but I have been looking into some of the walking tours on trip advisor and also on Groupon, as well as the carriage rides. I would love some advice on the best way to see some of the city, learn some of the history, but also keeping in mind that traveling with young gymnasts means that we need something that will keep their attention long enough to prevent them from cartwheeling their way around the city and setting us up for a possible lawsuit when someone else gets kicked by a rogue foot 😜

Hoping to return in April for a girls weekend without having to worry about keeping the kids entertained

🤞

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
3 replies to this topic
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,983 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very short trip!

What are you looking for? How many are in your group, and how old are the gymnasts?

If you want the best age-appropriate way to entertain them, you should ask for recommendations from the parents who live in Charleston.

Mentioned in this post
Charleston
Charleston
Coastal South Carolina, SC
Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
947 posts
732 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very short trip!

Depending on the ages, they may just enjoy walking through the Market area where all the merchants set up tables and sell all sorts of items. You can stop over at Kaminsky's and have a wonderful dessert. The carriage rides start in that area and you may have a wait depending on the weather and number in your group.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,948 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very short trip!

Carriage rides last about an hour, walking tours about 2 hours. More detailed info in the walking tours. I agree that they would enjoy the Market and maybe the Aquarium also.

Reply to: Very short trip!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted