We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recs--with Kids

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
38 posts
35 reviews
Restaurant Recs--with Kids

Traveling soon with our kids (ages 12,16). Staying at Marriott on Lockwood Blvd and will have a car. We like to eat local. What do you recommend that is reasonably priced (under $100 for family of four)? Kids aren't super picky, but one has an aversion to seafood so any place we choose needs non-seafood options.

Best Seller
Charleston’s Old South Carriage...
735 Reviews
from USD 26.00*
Best Seller
Charleston Harbor History Tour
459 Reviews
from USD 27.56*
Ghosts of Charleston Tour
93 Reviews
from USD 25.00*
Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
10,238 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Restaurant Recs--with Kids

The Marina Variety Store will be quite close for you, on Lockwood, other side of the bridge.

Jestines is good (get there about 5:30 to avoid a line for dinner).

Page's Okra Grill in Mt, Pleasant is great for family.

You can check the menu for Fleet Landing, on-line, but it might be more than you want to spend. If this works for you, it's wise to make reservations for this one.

Any of the BBQ places should fit your budget.

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
38 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Restaurant Recs--with Kids

Thanks! I will check those out.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
286 posts
80 reviews
3. Re: Restaurant Recs--with Kids

Harold's Cabin.

Leon's.

Lewis BBQ

Butcher & Bee

Poogan's Porch for biscuits and HD atmosphere

A restaurant on Shem Creek for the scenery

Take a trip down to Folly, eat at Lost Dog or Jack of Cups

Take a trip to Sullivan's, eat at Poe's or get some sweets at Beardcat's

Don't laugh but you will be close to a Waffle House which is a good, local Southern way to start the day

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
286 posts
80 reviews
4. Re: Restaurant Recs--with Kids

Also Hom for the burgers and ping pong for the kids.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Restaurant Recs--with Kids

We really liked Monza on King st. It's stone fire pizza.

HoM had good burgers. We were there for lunch. I saw kids eating there and I would take my toddlers if they were with us.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
126 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Restaurant Recs--with Kids

Hominy Grill is one of our favorites for breakfast, lunch or dinner. If you like burritos, Juanita Greenberg's Nacho Royale is a local place. King Street Grill, California Dreaming, Sticky Fingers are all family friendly American/generic food. Kaminsky's is good, but we usually go there just for the yummy desserts! East Bay Deli is a great place to get sandwiches and have a picnic at Waterfront Park. Tommy Condon's Irish pub is a fun place, the food is ok, but not great. Bocci's is good for Italian. All th seafood places we've been to over in Shem Creek are good. I know there are a zillion other great kid friendly places in town, but I'm blanking right now.

7. Re: Restaurant Recs--with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2018, 15:16