We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking to PNC from Embassy Suites Downtown. Safety.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Walking to PNC from Embassy Suites Downtown. Safety.

I’ll be visiting 5/17-5/19 with my husband and kids (14, 12 and 9). We’ll be attending the Pirates Friday night game. We’ll be staying at Embassy Suites Downtown. Any concern with walking over the Clementa Bridge to and from a night game? It’s less than a mile in distance, but not sure about the walk back after the game. Also, I’ve heard they close the bridge off to traffic and it’s like a carnival type atmosphere. Any truth to that? We’ve been to Yankee Stadium and Fenway numerous times...so we’re not new at this, more of just trying to get to know a new location. Any insight / tiles are appreciated. Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
US
Level Contributor
5,397 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking to PNC from Embassy Suites Downtown. Safety.

No problem safety wise.

Not really “carnival”esque just lots of fans walking and some musicians busking. :)

US
Level Contributor
5,397 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking to PNC from Embassy Suites Downtown. Safety.

If you’re worried, you can also take the T light rail to the Wood St station. It’s free and will be packed with fans. From there the walk will be short. But, it really won’t be a problem to walk the whole way. :)

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
68 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking to PNC from Embassy Suites Downtown. Safety.

I'd recommend just walking to/from PNC and your hotel via the Clemente Bridge. There will be lots of people around after the game so you shouldn't encounter any issues/problems at all.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking to PNC from Embassy Suites Downtown. Safety.

You'll be walking with a couple hundred - no maybe a couple of thousand other fans. I wouldn't worry at all. Just be aware of your surroundings as you should always be wherever you are. There's plenty of police around too

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
692 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking to PNC from Embassy Suites Downtown. Safety.

I would walk all the way from PNC Park to the Embassy Suites Friday night after the game without feeling at all unsafe. But you could take the T from the North Side Station on General Robinson St. one block west of PNC and ride two stops to the Wood St. Station. That will put you a block from the Embassy Suites building's 6th Ave. entrance just past First Presbyterian Church and Trinity Cathedral

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking to PNC from Embassy Suites Downtown. Safety.

Yes, it's safe. I see a lot of people saying "it's safe because there are thousands of people around" and while that's certainly true, I don't want you thinking that walk wouldn't be safe if there weren't so many people around. That's a perfectly fine and safe walk. I've done it many times much later with few others around.

Walking is your best bet. Personally, I think it would be more of a hassle to walk to the T station, wait to get on a crowded train, and then have to squeeze by people to get off after just a few stops.

Reply to: Walking to PNC from Embassy Suites Downtown. Safety.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted