We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Ohiopyle

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
Where to stay near Ohiopyle

We visited Ohiopyle years and camped in the park. Now we have a group including seniors and want to do a VRBO. I don't remember the area well. Would like opinions on whether or not this is a good, safe, convenient area if we want to spend time at the park and also see Fallingwater.

https://www.vrbo.com/731011

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
McKees Rocks, PA
Level Contributor
668 posts
1 review
1. Re: Where to stay near Ohiopyle

There is a motel right in town. Simple, over priced but very clean. It being right in town is a huge plus in my book. Wonderful to be able to walk down to the falls at night and watch the river go by.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
2. Re: Where to stay near Ohiopyle

I should clarify; we are looking for something with a full kitchen and three bedrooms. We like the idea of sharing something between the three families. It's nice to get a full house and privacy for much less per person than you would pay for a dinky hotel room. We don't mind no maid or front desk staff.

hudson valley
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
3. Re: Where to stay near Ohiopyle

You might check out the Hummingbird Guest Nest: https://goo.gl/maps/vVJh6xtSAUC2

It's a mobile home with 3 (modest) bedrooms, LR, full kitchen, covered porch with a grill. It's right in town, a couple of blocks up from the hotel mentioned in post #1.

If you're there during the summer you *will* see hummingbirds. Possibly a dozen or more at the same time.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
233 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: Where to stay near Ohiopyle

The website for this place doesn't seem to work. Googled it and there is scant info on the place but no clear way to find out pricing or contact info.

Is the area or the VRBO I asked about in my post not a good option? That was my original question.............

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Where to stay near Ohiopyle

"Is the area or the VRBO I asked about in my post not a good option? That was my original question............

As most of us on this forum would probably not know about rental homes as we live here, you will probably have to rely on the reviews.... looks quite nice from the photos. BUT, it is in a good area to visit the area, see Fallingwater (make sure you have reservations!), spend some time at the falls area around Ohiopyle, maybe hike to Cucumber Falls, in the same state park, perhaps do some covered bridge hunting....maybe also visit Kentucky Knob, another Wright house not far away.

Just understand that you are in a somewhat remote area, so you may want to make sure you plan ahead for stocking up on groceries.......

hudson valley
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
6. Re: Where to stay near Ohiopyle

They seem to have stopped maintaining the website, but calling them always worked well.

Falling Water is in a very nice setting and has some interesting features, but it's an amazingly ugly house, IMHO. I think that Kentuck (there's no y) Knob is far more visually appealing.

The VRBO property is located fairly conveniently for a visit to FW, but less so for visiting the park.If you plan to spend more than one day in the park being closer makes more sense, as long as you're happy with the lodging.

Reply to: Where to stay near Ohiopyle
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mill Run