We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book ahead in late Feb??

Southern...
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
58 reviews
32 helpful votes
Book ahead in late Feb??

Looking for a nice place to spend a quiet week in late Feb and Brunswick Heads looks ideal. Just wondering how busy the town gets at that time of year?? Is it necessary to book ahead?

Any suggestions on places to stay would be appreciated. We don't need luxury, a clean, comfortable motel or even cabin would be fine. I'm hoping to pay somewhere just short of $1000 for the week if possible.

I'm pretty sure this is off peak season for the tourist industry there but any ideas??

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
95 reviews
333 helpful votes
1. Re: Book ahead in late Feb??

Yes it will be offpeak so you should be fine. It still wouldnt hurt to make enquiries about accommodation so you can get the best rooms/cabins...

It really is a fantastic beachside village so you have made a great choice. There isnt a lot of accommodation choices (yet) but there are a few very good Holiday park with cabins and a fantastic pub. Terrace Reserve are probably the best located and have some cabins right on the water and close to the pub...

http://www.terracereserve.com.au/?D=42

We stayed at the pub last year and were really happy - clean, comfortable rooms and a big common room. Excellent meals. Lots of character too.

http://www.hotelbrunswick.com.au/accommodation/

Edited: 13 years ago
Southern...
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
58 reviews
32 helpful votes
2. Re: Book ahead in late Feb??

Thanks 40ish.... I've read a lot of your replies to others questions about the area. That's mainly what made me choose to go there.

I've also looked at quite a few of the accommodation websites so have a fair idea of what's available but really prefer not to book if I can get away with it. It is nice to get a "feel" for a place before committing to stay a week if at all possible. Just didn't want to end up bedless!!

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,194 posts
95 reviews
333 helpful votes
3. Re: Book ahead in late Feb??

I reckon you'll be fine.

Hit the road and fly by the seat of your pants....God I wish we could ....

;-D

Edited: 13 years ago
4. Re: Book ahead in late Feb??

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Brunswick Heads
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.